⭐My Muse || Chapter 120

Two weeks.

Two weeks to reforge The Promise. 

Two weeks before the genocide of all demons. 

Two weeks left alive.

Two weeks left with my family.

Two weeks left with Ray. 

The thought was going to kill me. No, actually, the thought wasn't going to kill me. It couldn't. But I was going to die anyways. And it took everything inside of me to keep smiling and pretend that everything was okay. Ray said that bottling up your feelings would make them explode later, right? Something like that. But this was something I had to keep from them. 

"Why do you look so upset, princess?" Only one person talks like that. I lifted my gaze, meeting Yuugo's smiling face. "Hey, old man," I grinned, teasing him. He grabbed his chest dramatically, feigning an injury. "That hurts, y/n." I booped his nose, pushing him backwards. He was obviously startled, not used to my playfulness. "What do I owe the honor, sweetie?" I walked past him, heading to the gym. "The end of a rebellion. One way or another." He skipped to my side, following me. "We're going to figure out the riddle, trust us." I nodded, shoving open the double doors. "I know. I'm not worried about that." "So what are you worried about?" "What are you talking about?" "I did ask why you looked so upset." I headed my usual punching bag, pulling on a pair of gloves. "I'm... hungry..." I muttered, throwing a jab at the red bean bag. I heard Yuugo plop down behind me, his voice turning low and concerned. "y/n, there are three occasions where you go to gym. One, when Barbara is training you. Two, with Norman or Ray, because apparently y'all like to flirt smelling like sweat." I grinned, knocking it's left side. "And the third, when you're upset. When something is bothering you. So tell me, what's bothering you?" My movements slowed down, the heartbeat in my chest pounding louder and louder. Was it okay to tell him? Was it okay to pass on my burden?

No. No. No. I couldn't. 

I resumed my workout, drowning out the crying in my heart. "Yuugo, really, it's nothing. I'm just stressed by anything and everything." "Are you sure?" He asked, with an air of finality. I nodded my head, but not daring to turn back and look at him. If I had seen his face, and any warped expression on it, I might have cracked. "Yeah, I'm fine." He chuckled softly, his voice growing distant. The clack of the two double doors echoed in the empty room. 

I touched my cheek, a stream of water running down my face. Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine because you all will be fine, alive, and living in a better, safer world. 

"Norman, can we talk?" He pressed the back of his pen, the utensil clicking closed. "Always, y/n." "I think we should break up." He sighed, organizing the rim of paper on his desk. "I know."