Chapter 59

"What did you call me?" I  asked.

"Nothing" He said in innocence.

Fake innocence.

"I got great ears, Krishna....I'm very sharp in listening....and I heard you....you called me laxmi...." I said in a serious tone folding my hands around my chest.

"Did I? My bad" again he said with that fake innocence.

"Answer me." I said sternly.

"Oh come on, harsh. You know right in every living being there is a God within him. That's why I called you like that. I called you laxmi, because she is there inside you. She is in everyone. But people fail to recognise her." He said in a very serious tone and that made me to shut my mouth.

"Oh..." was all I said.

"I'm hungry, harsh." Sudden his childishness has came back and he said by touching his stomach.

That's when I realised I was also hungry.

"Me too." I said to him.

"You are no help!" He said searching something in those trees and then searching something on the ground.

"Have u lost something?" I asked curiously.

"Idiot! I'm searching for something eatable to satisfy our hunger." He said and I  smiled sheepishly.

I went to join him for the hunt of food but it was in vain.

There was nothing available except the grass and leaves which were suitable for animals.

I really got tired and sat under a tree. To be honest now I was hungrier than before.

"You, you just made me hungrier than before. Now I don't have energy to walk. I'll sit here only. Do whatever you want. I'll not join you." I said childishly and he gave me a lazy look.

I smiled dreamily seeing his look. Oh my God! His looks are killing me.

Soon there was a smirk in his face which made my smile disappear.

He read my mind....again.

"Get out of here. I don't want to see your face." I shouted at him.

"Okay then." He shrugged and said.

He started to walk away from me. And I frowned.

"Where are going? " I shouted as his body was getting disappeared in the woods.

"You only said to get out of there right. So I'm going far away from you." He said still walking.

I bit my lower lip with nervousness.

Did I hurt him?

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to....." I nervously said but he didn't say anything.

"How can you leave me alone in this forest? What if some dangerous animals come and eat me?" I asked childishly.

Even though he was a little far away from me I could hear his laughter.

"Nothing like that will happen.  Even if animals come means they will run away after seeing you. Actually I should be scared. I heard there is a female ghost in this forest who adducts handsome princes." He said and I rolled my eyes.

Before I could say anything I heard a footsteps getting far from me and I knew he has moved away. So I kept my mouth shut.
             ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I didn't know for how long I was sitting there. But soon I heard heavy footsteps coming behind me.

I gulped in fear and decided to sit like a statue.