Chapter 3: Homicide or Suicide?

Start from the beginning

"He's with me," Beomgyu interrupted.

Taehyun snapped his head at Beomgyu who was now over the police tape. What the actual heck was the older talking about?!

"Oh, I see. So he's your assistant?"

The blonde spun his head at the inspector. "No I'm his-

"You can say that. He's quite the observer, his insights might be helpful." Beomgyu spoke up, giving Taehyun a side glance. The older must've seen Tae's confused expression so he mouthed 'I'll explain later' before turning his back from the younger.

Was his hyung hiding something from him? But, Taehyun thought that he knew everything about his hyung? But I guess some secrets were bound to not be spoken and let destiny reveal it. Though Taehyun wasn't upset if his hyung hid something from him.

Because some secrets were bound to be kept a secret.

Inspector Sehun handed Taehyun a pair of latex gloves. The younger thanked him and wore them before walking over the police tape. Taehyun stood right beside a pool of drenched blood, he imagined the body still there. He gulped down his urge to vomit and focused on his Beomgyu-hyung and the inspector.

"According to the witness, she was walking with her friends when the body fell right infront of them. They said that it fell from the top of the rooftop. Her name, according to the students we asked. Is Hwang Yeji, a third year student, they said she was a happy girl, a topper in class and has a loving girlfriend. That's what they said; and all that leads to one possibility, Suicide." Inspector Sehun sighed.

'Suicide? That doesn't sound right,' Taehyun thought, caressing his chin. He wasn't sure, but something doesn't add up.

"Wrong."

The inspector and Taehyun snapped their heads to where the voice came from: Beomgyu.

"Wrong?" the Inspector Sehun frowned.

"Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong. It's all wrong!" the brunette flailed his arms around. "A body falling down the rooftop doesn't automatically mean that it's suicide. Mind you, it could be a homicide for all we know. Always leave room for the benefit of the doubt Inspector."

"And what can support your claim?" the inspector challenged, raising a brow.

Oh how wrong he was for challenging a Choi Beomgyu.

"First," he held up his index finger. "If you take a closer look— you could see a huge cut on Yeji-ssi's neck. A mere fall wouldn't give that kind of injury now would it? Second, her arms had scratch marks so that would mean she was struggling to get out of someone's grasps, hence the suspect. Her nail polish at the edge of her nails had been removed, showing some signs that he fought back with scratching. Though it can't be seen that clearly but if you take a closer look at her nails. It's there, third is her lips, it's obvious that she wears lipstick and some of it was smudged to the edge of her lips and not to mention it looked swollen. Which means someone kissed her but she pushed away, hence the suspect is, possibly. An admirer of hers." Beomgyu deduced.

'Wow' Taehyun thought. His Beomgyu-hyung deduced all of that in one look? The younger was amazed. His hyung was so cool!

"But why would Yeji-ssi go all the way up to the rooftop to meet her admirer? That doesn't sound right, she would be suspicious about it and wouldn't come. Unless it's someone she knows," Taehyun wondered, accidentally saying his thoughts aloud.

"Exactly!" Beomgyu exclaimed, giving Taehyun an approving glance.

"So you're saying that one of her friends is the suspect?" the inspector asked.

Beomgyu nodded and glanced at Sehun. "Inspector, tell your men to find Hwang Yeji's closest friends and bring them to the rooftop-

"Why there-

"Just do it, I'm taking Taehyun with me." Beomgyu grabbed the younger's wrist and dragged him before he could say a word. But he stopped mid way and looked over to the inspector.

"Oh and one more thing. Do be on time, I hate tardiness," was all Beomgyu said before walking away with Taehyun in tow.

"H-Hyung what the heck?! Where are we going?" Taehyun asked, almost losing his footing because of Beomgyu's power-walking.

"I thought you already figured that out?"

"Well I'm sorry for disappointing you but no. I didn't so mind telling me so I can be enlightened?" Taehyun scoffed.

The brunette chuckled. 'Attitude as always.'

"We're going to the rooftop."

"And why exactly?"

Beomgyu smirked. "To uncover the murderer's identity."