Chapter 39: A Quality Behind Words

It was only a day before the second round of the second stage. It was the late evening and most of the participants were now relaxing and simply lounging around. Saku and his team included, who were all gathering in Angel's room. Aeron was assisting Angel in the kitchen area, preparing some food when a knock came at the door "Oh hang on" said Angel who walked over to the door which opened "Oh Saku and Emiko...you came"

"Hello Angel" said Emiko "Thank you for inviting us"

"You know me" said Saku "I'm not turning down free food. Saves me the trouble, and oddly I'm not too anxious about what you're serving"

"That's good" said Angel "I'm preparing a totalis, Arotory and some Quoladin. Please come in"

The two went into the room to see Aeron, who turned round to greet them "Good evening to you Saku and Emiko"

"Evening" said Saku somewhat politely "it seems you got here before us"

"Yes...I wished for you to sample of my cooking. If that's okay with you?"

"Go right ahead. Just tell me in advance what it is before I eat it" Aeron nodded

"Have you invited everyone then?" asked Emiko

"Yes I did" said Angel "I thought it would be nice for an evening team meal get-together. I dropped an invitation to Katsia and even Zak'ryon"

Saku looked a bit amused "You really invited Zak'ryon?"

"Only because it'd be fair" said Angel with her hands on her side "otherwise he might've moaned he wasn't invited. He turned me down me down though"

"How do you know that?" asked Emiko

"Because he told me so. He told me something on the lines of... 'no thanks, I've already eaten and wish my stomach not assaulted by UFO's"

"Would that be unidentified frying objects?" asked Saku sarcastically to which Angel groaned "Yes I know it's a poor joke"

"I'm a little more ashamed you tried it. Stick to your usual attitude, jokes don't suit you" Emiko stifled a small laugh.

Emiko looked round the room "So what about Katsia? Did she return your invitation?"

"Not yet" said Angel "We'll give it a minute to see if she turns up. So in the mean-time can you two help to set the table?"

"Of course we can" said Emiko "right Saku?"

"Might as well earn the food I suppose" said Saku shrugging his arms "Where your plates and things?"

"In the cupboard there for plates, and that drawer for cutlery" with two nods the pair began preparing the table.

After ten minutes the table had been set. On the table were the Totalis (A red meat), a Arotory (A treat akin to a tree-shaped biscuit) and a Quoladin (Purple meat in shape of a bread loaf). Aeron then came out with bowl of spherical green fruits (the size of tennis balls) what looked like silver soft bars (The same size as average-chocolate bars) and glasses filled with pink thick liquid.

Saku looked at what Aeron had presented "So green balls, silver blocks and what I hope...is a smoothie?"

"Allow to present to you three of my prepared dishes" said Aeron "The first are freshly washed Jovan apples"

"Those are apples?" said Emiko looking at them "they don't look like any apples I've seen before"