"Make Up?"

Next day. Morning. At the cemetery.

Nik and i walked to Hope who was standing by Bill's grave

Nik and i walked to Hope who was standing by Bill's grave. By accidentally killing him she triggered the curse.

Hope looked at us "you didn't have to come"

Nik "we wanted to make sure you were all right"

Hope "i don't know why we leave flowers. doesn't do them any good. It's not much of an apology for killing someone"

Me "unintentionally, Hope"

Nik"you rid the city of those vermin. You have nothing to apologize for"

Hope shook her head "don't make it sound so noble. Yeah, yeah, i killed a few bad guys, but it was as much to get the magic out of me as anything else. Besides, it's not like it lasted more than a few hours."

I looked at her wrist and sighed. The veins started to appear again.

Hope "well, at least he gets his revenge next week when the full moon comes."

Nik "Hope, however much you dread your first transformation, once you go through it, you're gonna feel better"

Hope "i don't know if i dread it or if i wish that i could just turn and never turn back. Mom said that after the pain, it's one of the best feelings in the world. Just can't believe i have to do this without her."

I sighed.

Nik took a deep breath "i know no one can replace your mother but i do want to help"

I nodded "me too"

Hope nodded "i know, but ..i need to be alone"

Then she turned away from us.

I put a hand on Nik's arm and he looked at me.

I nodded and whispered "Let's go"

At the compound.

I walked into the compound and my jaw dropped "no way"

Kol smirked and walked to me "well, hello there, darling."