The Party

I shook my head "but we are already here"

He handed me his arm and i took it. We walked inside.

Aya walked to us "Marcel, Ariana, welcome"

Marcel took his mask off.

Me "I'm going to the bar"

Then i walked away to the bar.

The bartender handed me a glass of champagne. I took a sip of it. Elijah and Hayley were suddenly next to me.

Elijah "Ariana, you look beautifull tonight"

Me "Well, i didn't bought this dress myself"

I looked at Hayley "Red?"

She rolled her eyes, smiling.

Me "It's Rebekah's, isn't it?"

Elijah "she wouldn't mind"

Me "it suits you, Hayles"

She smiled "thank you"

A while later.

Hayley and Elijah went to dance. Suddenly the music stopped and everyone turned to the entrance.

Tristan walked inside "Distinguished friends, welcome. It's so rare that we're able to come together like this to revel for one night in the company of true equals. Now i'd like to take a moment to welcome two very special guests....Ms. Ariana Blake and Mr.Marcel Gerard"

Everybody applaused.

Marc "thank you. I'm honored. Thank you"

I just rolled my eyes.

Tristan "of course, before we tell Marcel all of our secrets, there's one small piece of business to which we must attend. We must determine his worth"

And what happened to me?

Marcel "that's funny. I seem to recall you being the one knocking on my door. "

Tristan "you'll notice, Mr.Gerard, that over the course of the evening, someone has managed to take something quite dear to you...your daylight ring"

Marcel looked at his hands.

I walked to Elijah and whispered "what the hell is going on?"

Elijah grabbed Hayley's forearm and put a hand on my lower back.

Tristan "the test is quite simple. First, you need to deduce the identity of the thief. Then you are simply to take back what is yours..."

Marce looked around and then back to Tristan.

Tristan "Although i doubt the prize will be easily relinquished. After all, despite our refinement, we're still a rather violent bunch. In victory, you become one of us. In failure, you meet your death. You have a few hours until dawn. I wish you the best of luck"

----

Everybody was enjoying themselves again. Eli, Hayley and i were back at the bar.

Hayley "this vampires are ancient. How is Marcel supposed to beat one of them?"

Elijah wasn't answereing.

Me "Elijah?"

Suddenly we heard a voice "With guile, courage, perhaps a bit of trickers"

It was Tristan.

Tristan "admittedly, it's a long shot, but then sometimes the new candidates surprise us. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tristan de Martel, and you must be the famous Hayley Marshall Kenner, Alpha of the Crescent wolves"