Nik!

Next day.

We were in the woods

We were in the woods. We decided to feed on prisoners.

Kol wanted the last one who was running away. I rolled my eyes.

Kol smirked " I admit, I do like a good chase. However.. I am quite famished so."

I saw Kol speeding away from us. Suddenly the prisoner began to scream.

I chuckled.

A Bunch of corpses were laying on the ground. Elijah sat on the ground too and had a corpse of a prison guard on his lap. He just finished eating.

Rebekah " Good lord, that one has some lungs on him. He should've been an opera singer. Might've ended better for him, actually."

I smirked. 

Freya walked to us and looked at the bodys " Is this absolutely necessary?"

Rebekah shrugged "That depends. Do you want us at our full strength, or do you plan on rescuing Nik on your own?"

Freya " Well, death rattles are distracting, and I'm trying to break a cloaking spell."

Elijah yelled " Kol, would you please?!"

The screaming stopped.

Elijah " Thank you. You were saying?"

Freya " I can sense. Klaus is still in New Orleans. Most likely somewhere underground. I can't get a read on exactly where, unless I'm in the city itself."

Kol joined us. He had blood all over his mouth and shirt.

Hayley " Yeah. That's gonna be a problem. I have contacts in New Orleans. As you can imagine, the place is crawling with vampires, all of whom hate all of us except Aria. Whatever we do, we need to do it fast."

Me "i can go in without getting hurt"

Elijah shook his head "You are not going back alone"

Freya " Well, I wasn't planning on a pub crawl. I don't want to stay any longer than we have to. But we need to go."

Kol asked surprised" Whoa. Wait... Wait, we're not doing this today?"

Rebekah looked at him " Hasn't Nik suffered enough?"

Kol nodded " Yes. And I've died. Twice. I'm not about to give Marcel a shot at a third. Now, I say, we draw that Muppet out of town. And when he's gone-"

Hayley " I have been away from my daughter long enough. If you're afraid..."

Kol " It's called being sensible. Until Freya can make enough cure with her werewolf hostage, Marcel can basically chew through our bloody throats."

I shook my head "He wouldn't dare"

Elijah stood up " Enough. We're all in danger."

Me "We are going to free him today. Even if i have to burn my city down on my own"

At the French Quarter. 

We were back in New Orleans. We were at Rousseus's. Bekah was trying her luck with Marcel. Josh was helping us.

We had compelled everybody to leave. good. 

Kol "See? Wasn't that easier than us having to try to kill everyone?"

My jaw dropped "And that coming from you?"

He smirked at me.

Josh " yeah. So, what now?"

Elijah " Would you be so kind as to move that freezer unit, so that we might be able to access the tunnels?"

I sat down next to Kol on a bar stool.

Me "what are you waiting for, Josh? Go on"

Josh moved.

Kol " Are you absolutely certain we're looking in the right place?"

Freya " We know this tunnel runs the length of the city. Marcel must've carved out a section to serve as his personal dungeon."

Elijah " Ingenious and sadistic. Well done, Marcel."

Kol "Save the compliments for when he comes to kill us. Your flattery might give him pause."

Josh moved the freezer and walked to us" Okay, you're all set here. So, uh, good luck, break a leg, and I'll just be on my way."

Kol " What, so you can rat us out to Marcel? Not bloody likely."

Freya sighed annoyed " Oh, just snap his neck. We'll be done by the time he wakes."

Elijah " And if he wakes before that?"

Kol shrugged " Then kill him."

Josh " I'm right here, guys."

Hayley shook her head " We're not killing him."

Elijah nodded  " Yeah, you're probably right. For some reason, he's of value to Marcel. Kol, would you?"

Kol " Happy to stay and have a drink and eviscerate anyone who tries to follow you."

I chuckled and looked at him "You're shitting yourself, ain't you?"

Kol showed me the finger. 

I fake smiled "love you, too"

Freya " Good, then let's go. We're wasting time."

Elijah " Splendid."

Hayley, Elijah, Freya and i ran into the tunnels. We walked through them and saw a gate. Nik was behind it. Sitting against a stone with chains. My heart broke. 

I yelled "Nik!"