Looking for the keys

The girls, Nik and i were standing downstairs in the inner courtyard. 

Nik started to destroy the crest. 

Freya "Nik, enough. There's no key in the crest"

Nik "that thing that relic anyway"

I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly someone landed on the ground in front of my feet.

Rebekah's eyes widened "Marcel"

Marcel growled annoyed "damn it!"

Then he stood up "i got to go now"

He started to walk out but Nik stepped in his way "hey! What game is Vincent playing?"

Marcel had blood all over his face "this has nothing to do with Vincent. We got to get out of here. The city is about to wash away. She's out of her damn mind."

Nik turned him to us "who, Marcel? Who put you here?"

Marcel "it was Hope. Hope is responsible for all of this. "

Our eyes widened.

---

I was sitting next to Marcel on the sofa.

Marcel "Ivy was telling Vincent and me all about the latest prophecy when a hurricane showed up off the coast out of nowhere. "

Freya " a monsoon from the water is the finals curse before the firstborns die"

Rebekah offered him a hand towel.

He looked at her but then took it and whipped his face clean.

Marcel "i went to go find you guys. Hope was at St. Anne's. She had Klaus, Aria's and Elijah's bodies laid out on the floor. She's gathering up all of you to take back the power that's been split up inside of you. "

Nik "she can't do that. It'll destroy here. That was the whole point. She threw me in here when i tried to stop her. I can't leave until you guys find your keys"

Rebekah "well, she can't find my body. It's halfway across the world. "

Nik "she has help. I created hybrids with her blood, they're sired to her. They'll do anything she asks. She'll take the power back. She'll end the curse, she'll keep the firstborns safe, and then my daughter as we know her will be forever lost to darkness."

--

I walked upstairs but ran into Kol.

Kol chuckled "sorry, darling"

I smiled and went to walk past him but he grabbed my arm and turned me around.

I asked confused "do you need something?"

Kol "why didn't you tell me that you turned into the Upgrade?"

I sighed and he let go of my arm.

Me "I was busy the past few days"

Kol "and how are you feeling?"

I shrugged "I'm fine. you know, the change's not as huge as i expected it to be but it's good"

Kol "and with Nik?"

I teased "You're married, Kol"

He sighed "doesn't mean i can't worry about you"

I sighed "we're fine...for the moment"

Kol "how long do you think can you keep up this marriage like that?"

I shrugged "i don't know."

His face fell.

I took a deep breath "you have a key to look for, Kol"

Kol "oh, i've already found it. "

I asked surprised "and where was it?"

Kol "in the music room"

I looked at him confused.

Kol asked confused "you okay?"

Me "are you sure it's the music room where you found your key?"

He nodded.

Me "you have got to be kidding me"

I walked into Hope's room.

Me "Freya"

She and Rebekah looked at me.

Kol followed me inside.

Me "Help me out with a puzzle, will you? A Chambre de Chasse of this size would be constructed from the depth of a memory, right?"

Freya nodded.

Me "but how comes there's a room here that hasn't been existing for over a century? Hope never knew that it existed but still she remembers?"

Freya "that's impossible"

Me "it was wiped out by a storm. The music room. Kol brought you there during the 1914 Christmas party, where Marcel played "Carol of the Bells," Nik stabbed Kol in the heart that night because he was jealous of the fact that Kol and i were having a thing going on. You remember everything of that night, including the music room"

Freya warned "Ariana"

Suddenly I heard behind me "Freya, what have you done?"

We turned to Nik who didn't look happy at all. 

---

I walked into a room and saw Elijah looking through one of his journals.

Me "i'm sorry, i'll search in another room"

I turned around to leave but Elijah cut me off by reading out loud.

Elijah "I know i shouldn't feel that way about Ariana's younger sister but i do, i can't help but falling in love with her"

I froze.

Elijah "Angelica was perfection in person: young, beautiful, funny but also broken inside, like her sister. "

I felt tears coming up in my eyes.

Elijah "I couldn't have been more happier when Angie wanted me to turn her into a vampire. Ariana would never forgive me but she will one day when he figures out that having your sibling by your side forever is something you will never get tired off."

He could hear him close the journal and put it on the table.

Elijah "I'm sorry"

I turned around and looked at him.

Elijah "I'm sorry for what happened to your sister"

Me "You happened to my sister. I should've kept her away from you"

Elijah "I don't think that it was in your hand, not after what i just read"

I sighed.

Elijah "i'm really sorry, Ariana"

Me "I wanna believe you, Elijah, i really do, but you say sorry with no emotions in your eyes. You don't mean it because you don't remember-you don't feel what you felt for her"

He sighed.

Me "Truths be told, every woman you fall for ends up dead. Tatia, Celeste, Angie,....Hayley. "

Elijah "I'm sorry that your father was abusive after your brother's leaving"

I raised my eyebrows surprised "my brother? That's interesting...because you've never written anything about my brother in your journals"

He froze.

i smirked "guess some of your memories came through, didn't they?"