1.35 A Chat With Esther

2 days later.

I was walking around the cemetery

Nik would kill me if he knew where i was right now. I stopped when i smelled blood. 

I speeded in one of the tombs and my jaw dropped. Elijah hung there. He was kneeling, his arms were spread out behind his back and chained on the ceiling. His body just hung there. 

Tears came up in my eyes "'Lijah"

I ran to him. I kneeled down in front of him and grabbed his face. He was all bloody and he wasn't healing. 

Me "Eli?"

No reaction. 

I pleaded "open your eyes, please"

Suddenly i heard a voice behind me "He can't hear you, my dear"

I stood up and turned around. Esther.

I'm dead.

I stepped in front of Elijah "What did you do to him?"

Esther "I'm helping my son"

Me "by hurting him?"

Esther "i'm healing him"

I shook my head "This is insane"

Esther "I've been watching you, Ariana"

I raised an eyebrow at her.

Esther "I've been watching you from the other side. "

I asked confused " why?"

Esther gestured to a chair "take a seat, please"

 I sat down. 

Esther sat down on the other chair across from me "I know a lot about you, Ariana"

Me "oh really? Well, there's not much to know about me"

Esther "Your father was an abusive man."

I tensed. 

Esther " You had a beautiful mother, a little sister and a big brother. Your little sister fell in love with Elijah who turned her but she was killed by Mikael. Your brother left you and your family after your father had abused your mother for the first time"

I looked down but then i looked at her  "Why would you choose to watch me? Out of everyone in this world you chose the least special one"

Esther "You know, i never believed that my son had a human side inside of him. But then he met you. You were his human side and still are. He loves you more than anything in this world. He would do anything for you. and as a mother, i feel very proud my son has found the love of his life. "

I asked surprised "The love of his life?"

She nodded "Yes, you are the love of his life, my dear"

I was pretty shocked. I mean I know Nik loves me more than anything but love of his life?. Well..

I smiled a bit. 

Esther "You are a beautiful woman, Ariana."

Me "I have that from my mother"

She nodded smiling "I'm glad that at least one of my children found the love of his life"

I asked confused "But why torture them? You turned your children into Vampires to protect them because you love them and now you want to heal them-to take it back?"

Esther "Vampires are monsters, Ariana. I love my children but i should have never turned them into Vampires"

I nodded.

Esther "Be honest with me, child, do you miss your human life? Do you miss the chance of having a family of your own? Maybe your own children with Niklaus?"

My jaw dropped. Of course i miss my human life but i don't know.

Me " I'm embracing the life i'm living. The Vampire life"

Esther "because you and Niklaus want to be for eternity together?"

Me "If you turn him back then that won't happen"

Esther "But i also would turn you back as well, my dear."

I froze. 

Esther " A normal life for both of you"

Then she stood up and i tensed. 

Esther started to walk around  "Have you ever wondered what happened to your brother, Ariana?"

I looked at her "He is dead, i guess"

Esther "but I can bring him back"

My eyes went wide.

Esther "But only if you accept my offer"

I looked back to Elijah and shook my head "Nik would never let me do that"

Esther "Then tell him to change too"

I shook my head at her "I'm not convincing him to something he doesn't want to "

Esther walked behind me and i stopped breathing for a sec.

She put a hand on my shoulder "just imagine how he proposes to you, your beautiful wedding, your children, grandchildren"

I stood up and turned to her. 

Esther "I'm giving you time to over-think this, my dear, it's a huge decision to make after all."

 Night. at the compound. 

I walked upstairs and past Elijah's room. I raised an eyebrow when i heard noise coming from inside. I walked inside and saw him lying on the bed.  Hayley were standing by his side. Nik was on his way out but bumped into me. 

Nik raised an eyebrow "and where have you been, love?"

I shook my head "I'm-I'm sorry, Nik"

Then i walked into his bedroom. Of course he followed me. 

I sat down on the edge of the bed. 

Nik asked worried "Did something happen, love?"

I took a deep breath "You can heal Elijah?"

He nodded "There might be a chance"

I nodded "Then you should go. Save him. "

He shook his head "not while you are clearly upset"

Me "I can wait, Nick, please, go save him"

Nik "Lo-"

I pleaded "please"

He sighed but nodded. 

Then he kissed my forehead and left. 

I watched him leave. 

What am i gonna do?