The Funeral She Deserved

Bayou.

I walked to Nik who was cutting something in the wood of a tree

Nik "..and i know she needs me. i see that now. But loving her brings her closer to death. And i want her to live. I want her to grow up. i want her to grow and be a strong and beautiful woman... as her mother. I don't know what do to. Andi really wish that you were here to tell me. Little wolf"

I hugged him from behind. Nik put his hands on my arms that were around him.

--

I walked to Nik "why didn't you tell me about the prohecy"

Nik "what prophecy?"

Me "The one you asked Freya to look if it was real. Every moment this family stays together brings us closer to our deaths-Brings every first born to their death. I am a firstborn, Nik!"

Nik nodded "i know but you're the Upgrade now"

I shook my head "Prophecy's always destroy us, Nik. The last prophecy ended with you losing your sireline and Lucien becoming creating and becoming the Upgrade. And i don't want to know how this one will end"

Nik sighed "the decision we mad to take the power from her was to save her life. I had no idea it would ruin her in this way. "

Me "Well, now she's searching in her room for a spell that even she knows doesn't exist to fix a problem we all know can't e solved. I just turned into the most powerful creature walking this earth but still i feel--i feel-"

Nik "powerless"

I nodded "They're gonna be heading to the bayou in a few minutes"

Nik nodded "i'll be gone from there"

I nodded.

Nik walked closer to me and tried to kiss me but i leaned back.

Me "Before we go all "happy marriage" there's something you should know"

He looked confused.

Me "I told Marcel and Vincent to go to Elijah and take on his offer. "

Nik took a step back "you what?"