1.38 Hope's First Bonfire

Next day. At a mansion.

We all were in a beautiful mansion. Elijah and Rebekah were inside. I was outside and sitting on the porch. I had Hope on my lap. She was laughing at something. 

-----

Elijah was sitting next to me on the porch and had Hope sitting on his lap. 

Rebekah was in front of us in the front yard and putting firewood on a pile. 

Elijah "is it that what i think it is?"

Rebekah "It's bonfire season, and i am reviving a family tradition, especially since we're all going to be together. "

Elijah "only because we're fleeing from one of our deranged parents, another Mikaelson family tradition. It's a peculiar thing never to be tired yet forever exhausted with the sameness of things. Why is our family always at war?"

He was standing now in front of Bekah with Hope in his arms. 

Bekah "i don't know, but being away with her made me see things differently. We're not so bad. Not the monsters that our parents think we are. "

Suddenly i heard a car. 

I looked up. It was Nik's.

He parked the car and Hayley and him got out. 

Elijah took a few steps forward. Hayley saw her daughter and ran to her. 

She took her out of Elijah's arms and hugged her. 

She was so happy. She turned to Nik. Nik looked at his daughter and took her in his arms. He looked so happy. 

I looked down. 

------

We were all helping Bekah put the firewood to a pille. Nik had told us about a curse. Another one. 

Bekah "curse on the first born? what the bloody hell is that supposed to be? "

Nik "Well, according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all Mikaelson firstborns for eternity. "

Hayley  "is any of this true?"

Elijah nodded "it is if we're to believe Finn, who learned it from the bastion of truth, our mother. "

Bekah "well, no wonder he hates us. He lost the sister he adored and instead got a judgy pack of siblings who found him unbearably dull. "

Hayley breathed out "great. So is there any chance of us running into your loony aunt Dahlia anytime soon?"

Elijah "Fable's over a thousand years old"

I nodded "I believe him"

They all looked at me. 

Me "Your whole family is crazy, okay?. It would explain why Esther wants the Hope dead. Why would Finn lie about the death of a baby? "

Elijah "Dahlia is long dead"

Hayley shot at him "Like Esther? "

Nik "no one's going to hurt Hope because no one's going to find her. It's enough wood, Rebekah. You'll burn down the whole bloody state of Arkansas. "

Bekah "Well, we're just missing a key ingredient"

Nik shook his head "no, we're not"

Bekah nodded, pouting  "Yes, we are, Nik. Back me up, Elijah"

Elijah chuckled "i suspect Niklaus would rather choke on the ashes. "

I smirked.

Hayley asked confused "What are you all talking about?"