Thanksgiving Dinner

Later. Morning.

I was sitting in my room when Elijah walked inside.

Me "found anything yet?"

He shook his head "I didn't find her yet but i know who has her captured"

I raised an eyebrow at him "And who?"

Elijah looked down.

I walked to him "Eli? Who has Rebekah?"

Elijah sighed "Aurora knows where she is"

My jaw dropped "That little bitch knows what"

Elijah chuckled .

I raised an eyebrow "what's so funny?"

Elijah "you have never met her, still you talk about her like you know her"

Me "i don't wanna meet the woman who's sleeping with my ex"

Elijah "Well, you have no choice"

Me "What are you talking about?"

Elijah "We invited Lucien, Tristan and Aurora over to dine with us"

I scoffed "without me"

Elijah "please"

I looked at him. He gave me the puppy eyes.

I groaned "fine. When?"

Elijah "you got 30 minutes. Wear something nice"

I rolled my eyes.

Elijah walked to the door but stopped and turned back to me "And do me a favor, Aria, don't try to rip her head off"

I raised an eyebrow "if she thinks she has to be a bitch to me-"

Elijah "then bitch back. I don't know if on wich side Nik will stay if you two decided to rip each others heads off."

Me "On her side. Obviously"

Elijah "I'm always going to have your back, Ariana, you have my words"

I smiled at him and nodded "now go, i have to get ready."

He smiled and walked out.

I shighed and looked around and started thinking what to do.

I walked out of the door and looked over the railing

Nik, Lucien, Tristan and Aurora were standing there. Nik had his eyes all over her. Lucien obviously, as well.

I walked down the stairs. Their heads turned to me. Lucien's and Tristan's eyes went wide. Nik had this familiar look in his eyes that he always had when we still were dating. I walked to them. Lucien smirked, took my hand on kissed the back of my hand.

Lucien "you look absolutely breath taking, Ariana"

I blushed and smiled "Thank you, Lucien"

I felt someone's eyes killing be from behind. I turned around and looked at Aurora. The red head.

Me "And you are?"

I'm going to mess a bit with her.

Aurora "I'm Aurora de Martel and you?"

Me "Ariana Blake"

I smiled "i wanna be honest with you.."

She raised an eyebrow at me.

Me "I had no idea that you even existed until the ball "

Aurora went to say something but Nik cut her off.

Nik "Not to be mean but who invited you, love?"

Me "Why? are you feeling uncomfortable, love?"

Nik rolled his eyes"answer my question"

Suddenly we heard a voice "i did. Welcome. I do wish it was under better circumstances. We all dace a common threat..A prophecy warning that my siblings and i would all fall within a year."

He walked down the stairs.

Elijah "i fear my sister already has."

Tristan "only as a precautionary measure, i assure you."

Elijah"interesting. You see, i would have called it and entirely unnecessary measure. We need to unte to prevent the prophecy from coming to pass, and since any alliance is impossible without honestly, let us begin this evening's proceedings by formally acknowledging your clandstine alliance."

Lucien "now, gentlemen, before-"

Elijah shhd him "shh,shh,shh,shh,shh. Lucien, please. Let's not ruin the dinner before it begins."

Nik "and do try to bear in mind, we expect an honest and productive negotiation this evening."

Elijah "Shall we begin"

We walked to the table.

Elijah and Nik sat down on each end. Aurora and Tristan sat down. Aurora next to Nik and Tristan next to her. I had the chance to seat next to Nik but in front of Aurora or next to Elijah and in front of Tristan.

Thankfully Elijah offered me the seat next to him. He noticed my inner discussion.

He pulled my chair out and i sat down.

I smiled at him "Thank you, Eli"

Lucien sat down next to me. 

Waiter came and brought us our plates.

Lucien "It's a bit odd, isn't it, celebrating an American holiday?"

Elijah "Well, you know, Lucien, i rather enjoy Thanksgiving....the turkey, the cranberry sauce, the lies, the deceit, the betrayl. Perhaps we should begin this evening's proceedings with a little confession, and do help yourselves."

Aurora "so this entire dinner is meant to be some boorish inquisition. How rude"

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my wine.

Nik "nonsense, love. My brother merely wishes to make certain we're all on the same page, so ho would like to begin?"

Tristan "Well, Lucien and i have always loathes each other. Had we arrived as allies with news of a bleak future, you would have doubted us. We sought to remove suspicion by maintaining appearances. "

Elijah "oh, my. Dear, these pathetic lies promise to be as difficult to swallow as your stuffing this year, Niklaus. Walnuts. Honestly"

We all began to laugh.

Lucien "the bottom line is, we came to protect you and ourselves. We have never wavered on this point. And the bodies on my streets, is that your protection, as well?"

Lucien "it's business as usual for The Strix"

Tristan "and old tactic used often and to great success...Jack the Ripper, Son of Sam. A frightened human populace is that much easier to control. If tourism should decline and the local vampires are deprived of fresh blood, well, you saw how quickly Marcel joined our ranks. And i still hope that Ariana will soon as well"

  He looked at me.