An Upgrade

Next day.

Lucien, Freya, Vincent and i were walking through woods. Lucien chained my hands together with a vervain rope and pumped me full with vervain. I could hardly walk. He chained Freya's hands together.

FReya "after all that flirtation, this is your idea of a first date?"

Lucien laughed.

Lucien "Think of it as a date with destiny, luv. Though i admit, four is a crowd. Vincent is a necessary evil, i'm afraid, here to keep you in check should you misbehave. Same goes for you, Aria"

Vincent "Yeah, you're leaving out the part where i ain't exactly here of my own volotion, man. The Ancestors must have lost their damn minds. "

Lucien "Quite the opposite. I've never dealt with a saner bunch. See, when i arrives in New Oreans, i made them a deal. Upon my request, they would grant me access to the Regent, and in exchange, i'd provide for them a world wihtout the Originals. Didn't take much convincing. They do despise your family"

I rolled my eyes.

Lucien "We are here"

Me "And where the actually hell are we?"

There was a stone with a stone bowl on it.

Lucien "How disappointing!. Two powerful witches and the girl who's loved by this family cannot sense or know when you're treading on hallowed ground? Welcome to Mystic Falls. The place where it all began. Where Esther Mikaelson created the vampire species. Under the shade of the infamous white oak tree, she crafted the spell that turned each of her children, and i mean to replicatethat spell. I have everytihing i need to become what i deserve to be. "

Vincent "You want to become an Original."

Lucien "do i look like the sort who'd settle for some shoddy Original model?"

Then it hit me.

Me "You want to be an upgrade. "

FReya "You're insane, to think i'd ever help you craft any spell"

Lucien "oh, no, no, no, no, you misunderstand. Vincent will handle the spell. From you..i need something a bit more intimate.

Lucien then bit in her hand and she screamed.

I went to attack him but he grabbed me by my neck.

He threw me against a tree. I groaned. He took Freya's open wrists and held them over the bowl.

Vincent "ok.okay, man, that's enough!"

Lucien "hmm, right you are. That should just about do it"

He threw her next to me. Vincent kneeled down in front of her.

Vincent "here let me see it"

Lucien "enough! There is a spell that needs doing. Let the ancestors melt that precious little brain of yours"

I opened a little bottle.

Vincent "what's that?"

Lucien "that's not exactly need -to- know"

He poured it into the bowl. Then he took a book out of his jacket "this part's all you"

He handed it to Vincent. He took it. Vincent read it.

Vincent "This is it. This is the spell that created the Originals. "

Lucien "took an entire coven ages to reverse-engineer it. And then i had to get my hands on this"

He took the bullet out. He put it in the bowl.

Vincent "no. No way, man. I'm not doing this for you"

I rolled over to FReya.

I wisperd "can you open my hands?"

Suddenly Vincent yelled in pain.

Lucien "Seems the Ancenstors beg to differ. Now get to work like a good chap"

I sighed.

Vincent began to chant.

I tried to open my chains.

Me "you're pathetic"

He looked at me.

I chuckled "All this, just to become one sad cheap copy of the Originals?"

Freya "you think you will wake up one day and become top of the food chain?"

Lucien speeded to me, grabbed me and held me against a tree. He chained my hand on the tree.

Lucien then kneeled down in front of Freya "it did not happen overnight, i assure you. The truth is, i used to think your siblings gods. Until my love was stolen and our lives taken by their compulsion. Once free, i realized they were not worth of all that had been gifted them. I decieded, then, that i would become, in flesh, what i have always wanted, what i have always been: their better"

I scoffed "Your life was nothing before they came along. You were nothing without the Mikaelsons"

Lucien "i have engineered every second since into achieving this moment"

Freya "you faked the prophecy"

Lucien "oh no. When i found the prophecy foretelling your family's end, I knew it was true...and that i was its living embodiment. It is my rise that shall be their downfall"

My "You're insane. "

Suddenly a light red fire was sucked into the bowl. Vincent fell backwards to the ground.

Lucien began to laugh. Lucien then poured the liquid into two little bottles. He closed one and gulped one of them down.

Vincent crawled to us "i'm so sorry"

He looked at Lucien "can't let you do that"

He started to move his hands around and stood up. Lucien was groaning in pain and kneeling on the ground.

Vincent got stopped by a higher power.

Vincent "you're making a mistake"

and he fell back.Lucein stood up and went to kill Vincent but Freya crawled in the way "no one has to die today"

Lucien kneeled down to her "oh, oh, sweet Freya. Today is the beginning of an awful lot of death. Starting with yours and Ariana's, i'm afraid"

He pulled her up to him.

Lucien "truly you and i could've been quite the thing"

Me "What will crazy Aurora has to say to that?"

Lucien speeded to me and shoved his hand in my chest.

I gasped in pain.

Suddenly we heard Elijah's voice "Lucien?"