"Call Her"

At the mansion. Bathroom. Night.

I was letting the water fill the bathtub. I need another bath to relax. 

I was standing in a bathrobe in front of the mirror when saw Nik leaning against the door frame with roses in his hands. 

Nik  "Care for me to join?"

I didn't say anything. 

He took a deep breath "you know, i'm not good apologizing, but i'm sorry. I didn't realize how my behavior lately has hurt you"

I shook my head and looked down.

Nik pleaded  "say something, please"

I looked at him "you know what my biggest fear was since the day we married? The thing i was more scared of than for you to cheat on me? it was the fear of growing apart. And that's exactly what happened"

Nik "We should've talked more"

Me "i tried, Nik! i tried talking to you! but you just don't bother to listen to me! You tell me you love me but i don't feel the love anymore. You shut me out when you started to feel the effects of Elijah not being around"

Nik looked at me shocked "i didn't know you feel that way"

Me "Well, i tried to tell you but in those 4 years of marriage we've spent like 36 months together, Nik. Because you always made a trip to France, leaving me behind. And while you were spending your time in France, i visited our family."

His eyes widened.

I nodded "it's true. I have visited Hope in Mystic Falls, i even spent there a few days with her. I was in New York visiting Rebekah and Marcel. I also made trips to Beliz, to visit Kol and Davina. Did you know they married? oh, yeah right you didn't because you didn't care."

He didn't say anything.

Me "i knew marrying you would change things but this? this is ridiculous, even for everything we've been through"

Nik nodded "i know"

My voice cracked "then why did you let it come to this point, Nik? "

Nik shook his head "I'm a bad husband and a bad father. And i never meant to be both"

Me "You're standing right in front of me and still i miss you"

Nik sighed "we need to work this through because i'm not gonna let you go. We've been through so much to just let it go down this road"

I nodded "i know but your relationship with me isn't the only relationship you should work on"

Nik sighed.

Me "She asked me about you. A lot of times actually."

Nik's eyes started to shine  "really?"

I nodded "yes. She's your daughter, how could she not ask about you?"

Nik "What else is there that i need to know about her? tell me more"

Me "only if you call her in return"

He sighed but nodded "okay"

I smiled softly "She's so beautiful and smart. You can tell that she's a Mikaelson by her stubbornness. It's just something that lies in the family"

He chuckled.

Me "She fights for what she wants, she doesn't give up. She begged me actually to take her with me when i got ready to leave. She misses you so much. "

He nodded. 

Me "She thinks you don't care about her anymore, Nik"

Nik shook his head "that's not true"

me "but you make it look like it, Nik. I always told her that you love her more than anything. "

Nik nodded "thank you"

I shook my head "don't thank me. She's my step-daughter, Nik, she's family. And family doesn't give up on family. Always and Forever"

Nik looked at me surprised but smiled "haven't heard that in a long time"

Me "you should get used to it again because she's her father's daughter. And she's back home"

He asked confused "why? what did she do?"

Me "Well, she gave one of the Crescent pack boys some of her blood because people were picking on him"

Nik raised an eyebrow "and what did he do with it?"

Me "what do you think, Nik?"

He sighed "oh god. Why would she do that?"

Me "for money"

Nik asked irritated "but for what did she need to money for? our family is rich"

Me "Because Hayley couldn't know about her money needs"

Nik "for what was that money??"

Me "for a passport"

Nik "for what does she need one?"

I gave him a look "really? She wanted to visit you, Nik, she wanted to come looking for her father, you"

Nik was speechless.

I grabbed my phone from the counter and handed it to him "Her number's in my contacts. So go ahead, call the person you thought i was cheating on you with"

Nik "i'm sorry for that, love, i shouldn't have said- i wasn't mys-i don't know what had gotten into me talking to my Queen like that. I shouldn't have grabbed you the way i did either. I'm sorry. It won't happen again, i promise"

I kissed his cheek and leaned my forehead against his temple "it's okay. I forgive you"

He breathed out relieved and unlocked my phone.

He scrolled through my contacts and i saw his finger on her name.

Me "I'm here, Nik, i'm right here"

He took a deep breath and called her. He put her on speaker.

Hope "Hey, Riri"

I smiled.

Nik's body tensed.

Nik "Hope"

Hope "dad?"

I walked to the bathtub and was going to turn off the water tap but then my jaw dropped.

Me "Nik"

I looked at him with wide eyes.

Nik's eyes widened when he saw what i meant.

The water turned into blood. I turned the tap off.

Nik "I was looking for your mother"

I face palmed myself.

I whispered "really, Nik?"

Hope "yeah, so are we. uh..i don't know where she is. she's missing. "

I looked at Nik and nodded.

Nik "We're on our way"

Then he hung up. 

Me "Looks like we're going home"