Decisions

Next day.

I woke up with my head on Nik's chest. I smiled. He was running his hand up and down my spine. I could feel him kiss my hair.

His other hand was playing with my hand "You are still wearing it"

I looked at the ring and smiled "of course. I told you i was going to wait for you"

I looked at him.

Nik "Five years is a long time"

Me "100 years are a long time, Nik"

Nik "what made you sure i was still alive"

I shrugged "I just felt it."

I could feel him smile.

Me "You saw her last night?"

Nik "she was sleeping"

I sat up "We need to get ready."

He nodded.

---

Kol, Bekah, Elijah, Nik and i were standing on the front porch

Kol, Bekah, Elijah, Nik and i were standing on the front porch. I was sitting on the railing and Nik was standing in between my legs with his back to me. I had my arms around his waist and my head on his shoulder. Elijah was sitting on a chair and reading the newspaper. Freya was sitting next to him. Rebekah was leaning against the porch and Kol was walking around.

A servent handed Kol and Bekah something to drink.

Kol " What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez? You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way-- I can assure you haven't missed much."

He snatched the newspaper out of Elijah's hand. I started to laugh. Eijah's face was just priceless.

Elijah " Circumstances have changed we will leave here soon enough."

Rebekah "We have our niece to consider."

Freya "Kol has a point. We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible."