186

Advice Request
This person is too shy to talk to their crush.

Answered Submission
Hello, my dear!

Kudos to you for recognizing that your crush's sister's consent probably will go a long way, in the end! My advice to you comes in the form of two options.

Option 1: taking immediate course of action. You gather all the guts you can and confront him about your feelings for him, but keep in mind that even if he does reciprocate your feelings, neither of you would be able to act on them until the next school year. This would be a small price to pay if he does return your feelings. Option 2: delaying the course of action. Wait until the end of the summer to sort out your feelings and understand the depth of them, and then act on them once he returns; confess then.

Pros of option one are that, even if he does reject you, you have time to recover alone and move on from him. Cons of option one are that, if he does reciprocate your feelings in the first place, you have to wait before acting on them. Pros of option two are that you have more time to gather your courage, more time to sort out your thoughts over how you truly feel towards him, and more time to see if you might find someone else (no matter how atrocious that may sound at the moment). Cons of option two are that, again, he may not even return your feelings in the first place, so you'll have to deal with seeing him on a regular basis..

Again, the choice is all yours here. My job is simply to lay out what would be the best courses of action, and yours is to choose. I wish you the best of luck in either decision! I know that, no matter what, you will be alright in the end!

Sending you our best wishes,

The Advice Column Team