128

Advice Request
This person has several different problems relating to themselves and the people around them.

Answered Submission
Hey!

I love your username!

Okay, now let's move onto serious talk.

You cannot stress your little brain with what your friends are going through. You will end up going insane and it just might agitate your friends in the long run. It is still acceptable to worry, but not to the point where it's overtaking your life. I advise you to do little things to contribute to helping the situation, Talk to your friend who is being abused and ask her if she's okay every now and again (not too often). Does she want to talk? Does she need a hug? Give your friend with low self esteem some random compliments throughout the day. Try talking to him about his insecurities (only if he wants to; I wouldn't push it).

Your transgender friend with depression and anxiety is a tricky one. You're not trained in dealing with mental illnesses, so I wouldn't know where to start with him. Just be patient, listen, and be supportive. That's all you can do for him. Perhaps you can try to help him professional help if he doesn't receive any at the moment. That's something I strongly recommend!

As for the two boys that got into the fistfight: tell them to stop coming to you about it and fix it. From what you've told me, you have nothing to do with it, and it's so upsetting to hear that you're dumped with all of this. You are a beautiful person that truly loves their friends. I can't imagine having to deal with all of that, plus your parents' crumbling marriage.

You're so strong.

You come out as bisexual when you are ready. You'll know when the time is right (as cliché as it sounds). Don't be in a hurry, and just know that, if your friends love you a fraction of what you love them, they'll accept you with no problem.

One last tip: a huge, bright smile can change someone's entire perspective. I truly hope this has helped you!

Love,

The Advice Column Team ☺