156

Advice Request
This person is confused about their gender.

Answered Submission
Hi there! I understand that the problem you're going through is quite confusing, but fear not. I think you're gender fluid. Gender fluidity is just as the name says; it is when your gender tends to fluctuate over time. If you wish to label yourself, I hope this brings you some peace of mind.

Now moving on to the larger problem that people tend to think about, what do I tell others? It may sound cliché, but you should just unapologetically be yourself. You being genderfluid does not affect anyone's life in any way, and you don't owe an explanation to anyone if you wish to not label yourself. If you're confused as to how to express yourself as a result of this new-found identification, the great news is that no matter if you identify as male, female, genderfluid, etc., you always have the choice to do whatever you like and express yourself in whatever way you choose. You shouldn't conform to the standards that society imposes on you! If you feel like wearing traditionally girl clothes one day and traditionally boy clothes the next, no one can stop you. No one can stop you and no one should judge you for identifying as gender fluid.

— The Advice Column Team