Eighty-Five

Advice Request
This person thinks they are ready for a relationship, but her parents do not think they are.

Answered Submission
Hello, dear.

First thing's first: make up with your dad. Talk to him about that particular day when you were late coming home. When he's in a good mood, explain it to him clearly, and tell him you're sorry even if it's to no fault of yours; you don't want things to get worse. Tell him you love him, and get rid of all the awkwardness there is between you both. It might take time, but, Darling, you'll have to be patient.

When things are finally right between you two, which I hope happens soon, talk to him about your boyfriend. You're almost 16, but, at this young age, we tend to deceive ourselves. Your step-mom is probably right. You might not be ready, even when you think you are.

And about your boyfriend wanting to keep it open, he's right somewhere, but he'll have to be patient, too. If he really, really likes you like he says he does, then he will be willing to wait for you. He will understand where you're coming from when you tell him you can't tell your dad about you both just yet. You really need to go ahead and have a talk with him about it.

Now, there are chances that your situation can get you in trouble. Therefore, I'd suggest you do not do anything without thinking it through beforehand. You have to think straight, and approach one person at a time. Be very careful.

You can take your step-mom's help if your dad doesn't look like he'll be fine with you anytime soon.

I hope everything works out for you!

Good luck,
The Advice Column Team.