Eighty-Eight

Advice Request
This person is wondering whether her crush loves her or not.

Answered Submission
Hey there, sweet!

First and foremost, I hope you're okay and your health isn't in any way threatening.

Okay, now for the advice. This sounds like a very complicated situation.

To be frank, I think this boy really likes you. I can't tell if it's love—only you can feel that. But I really do believe that he cares about you a lot.

I admire the fact that you stepped up and admitted your feelings for him. That was very courageous of you.

You've already made it clear that you love him, so now it's his turn. Continue as friends. Take it slow, and let the relationship develop naturally. Let him come out of his shell, but don't push him; just encourage him.

The best thing you can do for him now is be a patient, close friend to him. Doing so will make him trust you more, and it may also make him realise what a relationship with you could be like.

The worst things you could do are give him ultimatums, push him, react negatively to his lack of reciprocation, and/or ignore him.

Hopefully, one day, he'll feel the same way about you. But, if not, just have confidence that you'll find someone else.

Hopefully it works out!

The Advice Column Team