131

Advice Request
This person's best friend isn't a good listener and doesn't seem to give them the attention they crave. However, there are times this person wishes they can be their best friend.

Answered Submission
Hello!

First of all, that is so cool! Good job on your accomplishment.

Now, let's get to the point. When you say she's your best friend, you have to understand that friendship isn't a one-way thing. You both have to put in equal effort, which means you should see if you're being the best friend that you think you are. Sometimes people are just not going through a good time, and this may be the reason why she ignored you and why she isn't happy for you at times. But this is one of the many possibilities. Try to talk to her, and see if everything is okay with her.

You also should know that you shouldn't be dependent on anyone as your source of happiness. You can't always expect someone to understand what you're going through or even listen to you. But if you really want her to listen, you can talk to her about it. I assume talking to her eases your stress. If it does, tell her so.

About wanting to be her—oh no, Dear. We all are different, and that's what makes us us. You want to become like her because everyone likes her, but what about when you do become like her? Do you think you'll really be comfortable being that person? I think not. So be you, whether people like it or not. 

With kind regards,
The Advice Column Team