200

Advice Request
This person is confused whether they should confess their feelings to their crush or not.

Answered Submission
Hey there!

We are glad that you trust us enough to help you. It’s an honour for us to be able to help you and the rest of our requesters, so thank you for trusting us!

I can’t say much about your sexuality, because that’s honestly something that I think only you know for real.

If you really like her, why don’t you just tell her your feelings?

From what I can see, you can easily clarify that you and your ex aren’t dating anymore. Then, she won’t think you are cheating on your ex when you’ve confessing your feelings. If the situation is more complicated than what I come to understand from your request, I apologise in advance.

Don’t be worried about her thinking that you’re a shallow person. The feelings that you have for her are real, right? Besides, I think you would regret it if you just kept your feelings buried inside you forever, because there will always be that nagging feeling that will bother you, scolding you for not making any move.

Despite that, if you really think that it is too soon to tell her your feelings, why don’t you just wait for a moment and explore your feelings first? Take a look at it and ask yourself, "Do I really like her, or am I liking her to fill up my time?" If you really like her, then, again, that shows you are not shallow. Tell her how serious your feelings are and that you're not just trying to date her because she's the only person available.

As for the situation with your ex, I’d advise you to take a look at what happened in the past.

Was your relationship toxic until it came to a point where only negativity controlled your life? If that was the case, I think it would be best to stay away from her. If you think that is too harsh, don’t completely ignore her. You can still talk to her, but don’t hang out with her for a long time, and don’t spend too much time alone with her. Preferably, don’t even spend any time alone with her. Always have your trusted friend with you so that they can pull you back before you find yourself getting caught in the tangled webs of your relationship with your ex.

But, if you think you can still be friends with her without any more romantic feelings getting involved, and you are positive that the friendship you would have wouldn't harm you mentally or physically, you can still be friends with her. Just be careful, as danger rarely announces itself when it's coming; it always like to make a surprise visit.

At the end of the day, it’s still up to you whether you want to confess to your crush or not, and whether or not you want to stay friends with your ex. Think deeply and wisely on how your actions could affect your life.

Good luck, and best wishes from us.

With love,

The Advice Column Team