Seventy-Four

Advice Request
This person thinks their friend's friend doesn't like them and talks about them behind their back.

Answered Submission
Hello. :)

As our team always says, communication is key. There is no way relationships can grow and maintain stability if there is no proper communication. I encourage you to talk to her about this. Approach her sweetly and tell her you want to talk to her about something important. Once alone, be frank with her by telling her that you have a feeling that she doesn't like you. Ask her if your assumption is correct. If it is, ask her why. If it isn't, then ask her why she treats you badly. Make sure to maintain control throughout the entire time because this will help loosen any tension between the two of you.

Moreover, try your best to keep your friend out of this. It's better to solve problems with other people without having a third party intervene (unless it's absolutely necessary, which, in this case, it isn't). You might not solve your problem with her in one-go. People usually think that one conversation is supposed to turn people or relationships into something marvelous, but that isn't always the case, nor is it true.

If you constantly remind yourself that relationships are built off of communication, persistence, and patience, then there's a good chance things will work out between the two of you unless the other person genuinely doesn't want to improve the relationship between you guys. If, time passes, and you notice that this is the case with you, then you should simply stay away from her as much as you can. If your friend asks you why you avoid being around her, be honest and concise with her. What does that mean? Say something as simple and as quick as, "She doesn't treat me well because she doesn't like me. I tried to work things out with her, but she didn't want that, so it's best for all of us if I quit being around her often."

With luck,

The Advice Column Team