146

Advice Request
This person isn't sure whether they should confess their crush on someone or not.

Answered Submission
Hey, Dear!

We are absolutely thrilled and honored that we have received such noteworthy praise. No need to worry, we have all your advice right here! I completely understand your problem, and as luck may have it, there is an actual, logical explanation for all of this. You mentioned that you just seemed to all of a sudden like her—not for any reason at all. It has been proven and researched that people actually fall in love with the people they spend the most time around. It seems like this is what has happened to you. Think about it. If you can easily name 30 reasons why you love her and list them all, I'll believe you actually fell in love with her naturally. If you can see, and I mean truly see, all the reasons why you don't love her, you actually won't. It's a brain trick. Because, after all, love is a chemical in our brains. I do not recommend you confess to her—not now. I think that once you have gotten over her and moved on, maybe to someone new who deserves you and vice versa, then tell her about the struggle you have gone through, if you choose to. And just keep in mind, this kind of thing takes time. Be patient, and best of luck in all your future endeavors, my dear!

With much love,
The Advice Column