Thirty-Five

Advice Request
This person would like to get over a crush so that they can support their friend.

Answered Submission
Hola! The situation you appear to be in is something that can be resolved easily with a small thing called a distraction. It's going to be hard, obviously, but this guy is clearly moving in on your best friend, and you need to get over him fast. It won't be so fun or genuine to hear her talk about him constantly knowing you don't fully support her or their relationship. I would suggest being a friend to him, allow this guy to friendzone you. Of course, notify your friend, so she doesn't think you're still into him. Perhaps being rejected and having to be in this zone would wake you up and make you realize that you didn't really need him like that and that he was simply an attractive guy. Nothing more, nothing less.

As you've noticed, I'm sure, you happen to know Wattpad exists. Let it be your outlet by whatever means. If that is writing, let your inner imagination shine, and write your heart out. Wouldn't it be more fun to write about your dream guy and life with him through a character you created while having people enjoy it? You'd have fans and grow your own little family and do all that while slowly forgetting about him. You could take this opportunity and indulge yourself into so many amazing books. I'm telling you, Wattpad can be a drug.

If you aren't down with that, YouTube and Netflix exist for a reason. Let other love stories give you a roller coaster of emotions. Hook yourself onto an interesting show and be obsessed with that. Technology is the best thing ever when you need to forget about someone.

Maybe you don't always have time for that, or you don't like those ideas, make a new friend at school. Learning about a new person can easily replace your brain with the guy you hope to get over. Make it someone you won't have a crush on, and while your best friend gets it on with your past crush, you'll have a person to talk to and go on fun trips with. These are the ideas I've come up with to hopefully help you out. I want you to remember that if you really, really want to get over this guy, just do it.

Have a great day!

The Advice Column Team