Eight

Advice Request
This person has had a crush on a person for a while and has admitted their feelings to them, but later on, their crush told them they actually like one of their best friends. With this said, their crush still teases and flirts with this person and even wanted to slow dance with them during homecoming. This person is confused about one thing: Does their crush like them or not? Did they lie about liking their friend just to make them jealous?

Answered Submission
The unfortunate truth is that no one, not even us, can tell you whether he likes you or not. There is only one way to figure out the truth, and it isn't easy: Talk to him about this. Take it easy and slow. Invite him somewhere relaxing, and try to stay calm the entire time. Have a quick conversation with him about anything, and then bring up the topic. Be as straightforward and as honest as possible. Don't sugarcoat or hide anything,  and tell him everything you told us. Then, ask him how he feels about you; this is going to be the hardest part, but it's the only way to find out the truth. Many of our problems can be solved through communication believe it or not.

The fortunate truth is that every time you felt ugly and not good enough was a delusion, so what does this mean? You're worth more than you think, you're more beautiful than you believe, and you're better than you perceive yourself. You just don't see it because you taught yourself that your worth and beauty is dependent on a boy's which is not even close to being true! Being dependent can be dangerous, sometimes, so he careful with how you view yourself. You have probably formed yourself into the person you are today independently, so you should also perceive yourself independently as well. No one, whether man or woman, needs a person to make them feel like their good enough. Your worth as a human is enough to make you believe that you're better than how you picture yourself to be. Don't be dependent on anyone when it comes to your self-image because that's unnecessary. Simply depend on yourself. You're all you need. :)

We hope this problem is solved.

The Advice Column Team