120

Advice Request
This person is experiencing problems and suicidal thoughts.

Answered Submission
My Dear,

Assuming and coming to conclusions about certain things in life can be dangerous. It can be the reason why we continue to suffer for the rest of our lives. People, unfortunately, don't realize this. Staying silent about your problems, especially if they're plans about suicide, can be scary and heartbreaking.

The Advice Column team sympathizes with you, my love, to such a great extent that we are willing to help you as much as we can. We are truly willing to do anything in our hands to ensure that you are safe and secure.

Now, think about the four people you love. And imagine that you left them. Forever. What will happen to them? They need you as much as you need them, so suicide is never the answer. In fact, it only worsens people's situations. We, as humans, may think that suicide is the solution to all of our problems; that may seem true, but it isn't because it only creates problems for the people we love.

Speaking of love: Not all people who love show it. Some are affectionate while others find it awkward to be affectionate. However, just because that person doesn't show you that they don't love you, it doesn't mean they wouldn't care if you gave up your life! Think of your parents: sure, you might not have the best relationship with them, but you are their child. You live under their roof. You're sheltered and taken care of by being fed, being sent to school, and being in a safe environment by living in a place. Some parents show their care for their children by securing them financially, some by showing affection, and others by taking care of their education. Which way do your parents show you their love? Think about this for a moment. What do they do or buy you on a regular basis to ensure that you are living a comfortable life? Whatever that thing is, consider it their way of showing you that they do care about you. Evidently, this means if you talk to them about suicide, they'll take you seriously. They should take you seriously at least. If they don't, best believe it that doesn't mean they don't care; it just means they're oblivious of how difficult it can be for someone to feel this way. Many people don't understand psychological disorders, so they take suicide lightly. This is terrible and is because of the ignorance we have in this world, but, slowly, things are starting to somewhat change. If your parents are the type to not understand this stuff, then they may wave your concerns as nothing. But you know what?

It isn't because they don't care about you. It's just because they don't understand.

Here's the steps you need to take:

1. Think about everything you just read. Ponder over it. Analyze it. Understand the message behind it because once you do, you'll realize that not only do your parents love and care for you, BUT WE DO TOO! 💛 In fact, our team and your parents aren't the only ones who care. Your online friend does as well and so do many other people around you (because, remember, not everyone shows love the same way). All of us want you to stay here on earth with us, and we might you to grow beautifully strong. We want to help you and guide you to happiness. We want to relieve your pain. I wish you can see how much compassion I have in my heart for you. If there's anything I wish would go away, it is your pain. And guess what? There is a way to relieve your pain! How? Read on.

2. Observe the people you are usually around and talk to and take note of the way they treat you and behave around you. Do they buy you things or laugh in your presence? Do they smile at you often? Do they usually ask to be around you? Do their eyes sparkle when they look at you? If not, then see what it is about every person around you that makes them want to be around you. Find out what it is that makes them want you around! Why give up your life when everyone near you wants you around?

3. Seek professional help as soon as possible. There's no reason to not. It's best that you talk to your parents about this, and don't think they won't understand. They most likely will, and, if they don't, then seek out another trust adult and tell them that you believe you need help. If you allow people to help you, they will, and, if you don't, they won't be able to.

That is all our team has for you at the moment. Please do keep us updated on your situation, and do come to us for any help. We want to hear from you again to make sure you're doing alright.

We envision you to be content one day, and we are excited to see that day come. In the mean time, resort to drawing whenever you feel like you're in pain and surround yourself around a cat (if you have one); if you don't have one, then get one since you seem to love them!

Until then, please take of yourself and remember that you are loved by many.

Sincerely,

The Advice Column Team