189

Advice Request
This person is nervous about starting at a new school as things didn't end well in their last one.

Answered Submission
Hey to you too!

Anxiety always haunts us when we're about to enter a new stage of life. Moving to a new school is a pretty big change since you'll be surrounded by new people, but don't you worry.

It's great to know that you still have two good friends from your old school, despite the bad end you had with your other friends. Many friends aren't as important as they may seem to be. Even if you just find one friend, that could be enough to make you the happiest person on Earth!

However, you don't have to worry about experiencing the same thing with your new school. I know that the fear will still be there, but remember that, like your friend said, it's a new start.

You found friends at your old school, didn't you? And if you went to any before that, you had friends there too. Think about all the extracurricular activities you've been a part of. You made friends there too! Making friends isn't so hard. Just find someone nice that you might get along with, and bam! You click! You said you like Harry Potter, and you yourself know that the Harry Potter fandom is big. I'm sure there will be someone you could make friends with over that particular interest or any other things that you like to do.

And if you are bullied again, which I do hope you aren't, it would be smart to report any incidents to the teachers or whoever has authority.

You said you like to make people laugh. That's a very good trait to have!

Just don't worry too much, and think of it as a start to a new adventure that you're going to write. Imagine yourself as a character from your story—a character that will try his/her best to succeed in his/her mission.

I wish you the best of luck at your new school!

Love,

The Advice Column Team