story time : screw taco bell

ok y'all so i haven't told y'all a lot !!

but yeah i'm in theater camp and we're doing the musical "kiss me kate" & i never told you what role i got cuz i was so annoyed at first but i got the wardrobe lady !! she's ensemble and if you don't know what that is please just highlight and press define !!

ok lmao yeah so i was disappointed at first because if you didn't know , i can sing. and i can act ?? i'm not the best dancer but my auditions were pretty good if u ask me !! so i was like wait a minute ... how did i get the wardrobe lady? but then i got kinda excited because it's my first time playing someone in the ensemble !! and i still have a few solos and even though i'm not in most scenes, i'm still pumped because i still learn the dances and sing and bla bla bla.

so basically it's better than i would've thought ?? and last year i got a lead role & i usually get medium roles ( buT ONCE I PLAYED WILBUR IN CHARLOTTE'S WEB IT WAS THE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME !! ) but this is like something you kinda need to experience as an actor. or anyone in the talent world i guess because if you get lead roles 24/7, your head gets a little big ,, you know ? and you never know how to simply create role for someone who doesn't have a name.

like for me, the wardrobe lady's name is dolores miller. she's in her late 20s/early 30s and she carries herself very high up. she hates when the actors get picky about costumes and she's never late. she dresses rich, but she is nowhere close to it, hunty !!

anyway, yeah that's basically who i am in the play. but now onto the story i'm bout to tell y'all.

WARNING, I AM GOING TO SOUND LIKE A HUGE IGNORANT ASSHOLE. PLEASE DO NOT HIT ME WITH THAT "you're not woke" SHIT BECAUSE 1) I AM, 2) I WROTE THIS IN REMINISCE OF A MOMENT OF TRUE DISASTER. PLEASE JUST TURN OFF YOUR WOKE METER FOR 0.02 SECONDS :

so like we have camp from 4-9pm, and during that time we're rehearsing, running lines, learning dances, blah blah blah. we get an hour off for a dinner break starting at 6pm and ending at 7pm, and we can go off campus and go to restaurants and stuff.

so i decide to go to taco bell with a friend (actually not really even a friend she actually lowkey annoys me whatever but i wanted my food and i would've gotten lost alone so bless her i guess.)

so we head to taco bell, we eat there, all that good stuff. it's a good seven-ish minute walk from the camp. so we leave taco bell, then go to 7/11 which is right next door and i just buy a snickers, she buys some gummy worms or whatever.

we start to leave, and like we walked pretty far away when she goes "zuzu, are you sure you're going the right way? cuz it looks like we're going to stop and shop or the library."

i go,
"yeah, lemme check."

i whip out my phone (go to maps, bless that feature), and i put in our location aka back to the camp. tell me why it says we're twenty three minutes away from caMP!! BY NOW IT'S 6:48, WE GOTTA BE BACK BY 7PM BECAUSE WE HAVE FUCKING REHEARSAL WE CANNOT MISS A MINUTE OF THIS.

i go: "oh my god."

and i'm like "we're going the wrong way let's just run back to 7/11."

so i start RUNNING, like fast i don't like being late for things, i just don't like it !! especially not rehearsal !! because this is like a serious production this isn't ya run of the mill kiddie play, no, this is like for real ???? so i'm not tryna be late !!

tell me why i stop running and look behind me and she's literally walking ??? like bitch what the fuck we have rehearsal and we are almost half an hour away from camp, when we're supposed to be there in ten minutes - what the fuck are you doing ???