feeling a loved one's presence after death & sexual abuse jokes

if there's one thing i absolutely do not fuckin' tolerate, it's sexual abuse jokes , or if we wanna be more frank - r*pe jokes

(( just so you know , this chapter may be triggering for a lot of people so TW, read at your own risk !! ))

anyway, i never have been one to make those jokes about rape when i was smaller unlike other kids that were my age because i didn't exactly know what rape really was but i knew it wasn't something to joke about. now i know most of the laws about rape and consent and i know about rape culture, etc, etc .

but anyway, i've sort of always known that it wasn't okay to make jokes about that stuff. a lot of kids can be really ignorant and it baffles me how there are college students still making rape jokes ? like do you not understand the concept of rape & the fact that it's not that funny to get drugged and abused by your own father ?

anyway, just because you're an ignorant kid doesn't mean that there is any excuse for making rape jokes. like if you know what it is, there's usually something in your brain that should click and say "wait hey lol that's like not okay to joke about haha" . like it's not that hard to be flexible and joke about things that are actually funny, like tv shows or books or videos or memes.

but anyway, i just want to know from people who make rape jokes what is so funny about the shit they're joking about. i'd like to gather people who do make rape jokes with rape victims and i'd like to see them try to explain to said rape victim what exactly is so fuckin hilarious about what the victim has gone through.

if you make a rape joke i'm going to assume you're a rapist, because i think the statistic is something like 1/3 of people that make rape jokes are rapists. lmao i don't think that's the kind of reputation that you want buddy.

anyway, being a victim of sexual abuse can literally ruin a human being's life. i've seen it happen before, and it can happen to anyone. take ke$ha for example, and take how she didn't get her justice. take corey haim, who was r*ped by multiple older men in the hollywood industry as a young boy , living his life thinking sex at fifteen with men twice his age was normal. take african women who have to be prostitutes to make $ and are usually raped by their pimps. take little girls who are told by hilary clinton that they were into older men and that they wanted to be raped. take little boys who are being told by society that "boys cannot be raped."

i don't know anyone who was laughing while they were getting raped ( unless they thought it was consensual, & yes , people can think that rape is consensual ), so why are you laughing ? it's not fuckin funny.

rape isn't just limited to someone having sex/ sexual acts with you without your consent or knowledge. rape can be consensual, yet underage. rape can be consensual, but can lead to someone getting uncomfortable/ hurt during the process.

learn about things before you make jokes about them, and before you make jokes about them, know that it's not okay to joke about in the first place.

being close to loved ones after death -

we all know that i love hollywood child stars river phoenix and corey haim. they both died young. river died at 23 because of an overdose on drugs, and corey died at 38 because of pneumonia, although he had been exposed to drugs before.

i sincerely think that these dead boys are the first people i've felt a strong, sentimental love outside of my family tree. i don't think that at this age i'm capable of loving somebody who is alive and well and is my age, but with them it's different. i can't say i really relate to the struggles they both dealt with, but i know i love corey haim because of the smile he puts on my face and how he always smiled and tried to make things better for himself and other people. i also know i love river phoenix because we both share the same interests and ideals, and he's the first blonde white boy i've known of that isn't ignorant towards every social issue out there.