walkout

so today was the day of my walkout i was talking to you guys about the other day !! it took a lot of convincing from my mom who still kept saying she had mixed feelings even on sunday like ... no. anyway, my dad said yes so my mom gave in. he gave me $25 and then my mom gave me $3 so :) and i think i had another dollar so that was like $29.

anyway, the walkout was basically a protest that public school students did because of budget cuts in our school which managed to cut out arabic and get rid of a math teacher and fire teachers who haven't been working at the school for 4+ years. just cuz instead of giving money to the public schools ( btw my school is BROKE. like even our disciplinarian honestly admitted that we had no $ and that the parents donated so what are you gonna do i mean... ), people are giving it to rich people so they can build skyscrapers and obSTRUCT THE BEAUTIFUL VIEW rather than give ?? the ?? money ?? to ?? public ?? schools ?? to ?? take ?? care ?? of ?? the students' ?? futures ??

anyway, people are really mad about that because education is honestly so important and it isn't fair that at other public schools, art classes are getting cut, teachers of other students are getting fired like ?? no ?? and at our school i heard they're cutting japanese and chinese.

JAPANESE AND CHINESE. those are two of the most popular language classes in our school, especially japanese. and my sister had the same japanese teacher that still works at my school and she loved my sister and i don't wanna see her get cut even though she's only my study teach ?

and then this cute old man named mr. carey is freaking retiring and everyone's like heartbroken about that because he's so nice and he looks like the guy from up.

and the beloved mr. seddon died too, i believe he was the baseball coach and last year he was my study teacher and literally he was so chill with all of us. and i remember he called me up to his desk and asked if i wanted to see " a bunch of white boys bop " and started playing this one eminem song 😭

and last year they cut dance class too which is just ?? astonishing because like come on now.

anyway, so i met up w some friends / amber, danni, marisela and shanise and we all got on a train and a bus to the location of protesting. it was so powerful there i almost started crying but i am v emotional anyway and i went to bed at 1 am so that MAY explain it but at the end of the day, the messages the THOUSANDS of students were shouting ( and literally THOUSANDS of students from public schools across the city ) were so important and they made me feel good that i was representing this. and there was all kinds of media there and they ended up catching the top of me and my friends' heads lol.

but as i was saying it was SO important and they had us dab for our education lol bla bla bla and it was actually so much fun. and so many people were supportive of us including adults and people came out to record us and everything so i felt really righteous.

anyway, after we were sorta finished w the walkout, we went to burger king and got food. i got a whopper wout mayo or tomatoes and some fries and a cherry icee bla bla bla. then we went to primark and we just strolled around but i ended up buying 2 things for my mom :) super cheap too.

and then we got on the train and then got on the 22 cuz we missed the 44. then got OFF the 22 and waited for the 44 back to the school so our parents could pick us up. but the 44 took MAD long so we were all just waiting at the bus station dancing and singing and doing our shit you know bla bla BLA. then we got onto the 44 and we got to the school and started walking to the bus stop cuz that's where our parents were located or that's where we going to be walking home from whatever.

BUT YO
WE ALL ALMOST DIPPED
CUZ THERE WAS THIS LOUD ASS POP ! soUND AND WE ALL LOOKED AT EACH OTHER LIKE "oh SHIT" CUZ WE THOUGHT IT WAS A GUN. and plus our school is sorta near the ghetto you could say and there was a shooting at the walgreens down the street a while back so the school had to go on lockdown ( before i was even at the school. )

BUT BITCH I STARTED RUNNING WONDERING WHY MY FRIENDS WEREN'T EITHER but i didn't get far at all when i realized it wasn't a gunshot hehe.

yeah anyway we walked back :) and dealt with our shit my dad was there to pick me up so like ok lit !!

anyway when i got home i had no hw so i just watched i love you to death another favorite river phoenix movie of mine. he plays devo nod who is literally the cutest cutie out there i just loved his character. and it was so funny and had very violent themes but it wasn't gory or out there ?? it was like shooting but the camera was always away from the victim so it didn't really matter. it serves as a good family movie i can say.

that was my day. have a good 1 sweeties

#zuzaf