beauty tips + how to get ur life together

"beauty" bla bla bla yada yada yada beauty is a social construct bl bla bal fake woke yada yada yada anyway here r some of my beauty tips to just feel fresher and shit -

1. put olive oil on your lashes so they grow longer and stronger at the follicles.

2. use chapstick!! stop licking your lips.

3. moisturize everyday seriously keeps your skin feeling nice n young.

4. wash your face with soap and water everyday sans bath cloth. if you moisturize without washing your face stop doing that unless you like dirt being trapped under the lotion!! only wash it twice a day to reduce over oil production

5. put cucumbers and berries in your water, keeps yr water cool and you feel really fresh and cool and it's yummy!!! and lemon slices!! has gr9 antioxidants too ;) ;)

6. get eight to nine hours of sleep, depending on your age. most of the people reading this need 7.5-9 hours of sleep.

getting your life together -->
recently, i've been trying to get my life together. i've been motivated by youtubers like siena mirabella because she always has her shit together and gives tips towards having your shit together too. and me, i'm just a person who likes to have things the way i want them to be. and i'm smart enough to know that if i want things to go my way, i gotta put work into it!! so i've stopped whining and started doing something about it. now that it's spring i'm *less* depressed than usual and life is going to be coming very soon. i'll probs make a whole separate chapter just updating yall on my life and what i have planned for life. for now here are some tips i go by.

1. keep a planner with you for school or a notebook to write down due dates, assignments and quizzes in. once the teacher announces that there will be a quiz, write it down in your planner so you remember that you have a quiz and study for it.

2. set alarms & reminders on your phone. i personally don't like digital reminders and i don't really like the reminders app that comes with my phone but i keep it just in case. but i do recommend using alarms to remind yourself to do things. i have an alarm for sending streaks because i literally ALWAYS forget. i set up one alarm in the morning fifteen minutes before i get up so i'm aware that i have to wake up in a few. then i have my actual alarm, and then on days when i go to bed late, i make sure to set an alarm ten minutes later than my actual alarm if i need extra sleep. after that alarm i force myself to wake up hehehe.

3. clean. this. i cannot stress this enough. about a week ago(week ago) (that was disgusting im so sorry) i cleaned my room. like DEEP cleaned my room. i used surgical gloves that my dad has and if i had a surgical mask i dead ass would've worn one too. i deep cleaned the shit out of my room, moved my bookshelf and cleaned under my bed. i reorganized a ton of things and i felt so at peace now that i could see my floor and my piano and everythangg. clean your room at least once a week, as in actual cleaning. it doesn't half to be deep cleaned every week, but it should be swept, laundry should be put away, etc etc. everyday before you go to bed just pick up your room because a clean room will clear your head.

- also clean out your backpack for school so you can find things when you need them and don't have to endure the stress of not having things when you need them and instead having papers all loose. 

- do the same with your purse/whatever you use.

4. destress. practice mindfulness and meditating whenever you feel stressed. we are all human and make errs. that doesn't mean to put off whatever deadline you have to make or to drop all your schoolwork, it means to take breaks WHEN NECESSARY. take a step back in moments where you're uncomfortable, channel yourself and your mind and meditate and breath.

5. focus. doing homework? studying? don't distract yourself. turn off your phone or put it someplace you won't be able to find it. make things easier for yourself.

6. reduce phone usage. keep track of how much time you use on your phone. i have an app called "moment" which tells you how much time you've spent on your phone per day and how much time you spend on it each time you pick it up. i've wasted as much as NINE hours on my phone in one day. can you imagine what else i could have been doing, in all seriousness? make the best of your time and youth because you'll regret it when you get older. instead of spending hours at a time on your phone, take breaks for you time. start that assignment you've been dreading, read a book, learn something new/ how to do something new, cook something, go outside, talk face to face with people, have an adventure in your neighborhood. phones link to lack of sleep, stress, and stunted development in teens. work your way towards using it less.

7. gain confidence. i might do a separate chapter on this but if you want to get your shit together, like you really want to- stop giving a fuck what other people think. stop talking down on yourself and pointing out all your flaws. you will appreciate it so much more.

8. literally get your shit together. i know a lot of teens, including myself, are into procrastination and avoiding confrontation. it can't stay like this. you have to play like a boss and let it be known to others that you have your shit together. for example, in my case, i like to try to push myself to speak when someone says something that irritates me. not to argue, but to spark up conversation. i like to dress the part (somedays), so yes, it's good to be a little conceited if that's what it takes to feel like you have your life together. just don't get to the point where you put other people down. being a little conceited or just plain confident will boost you up and let you know who is there for you and who isn't going to push themselves to the limit.

9. work hard. when you have a test that you studied hard for, even if you fail or don't get the grade you want, at least you will be able to keep the pride in saying "at least i studied." that's why i study for my tests even for five minutes before the actual test because it would be hypocritical for me to complain about people who whine when they don't try if i do the same thing.

10. cut out toxic people. simple.

11. be yourself. also simple. have confidence in who you are and don't change to fit standards you don't believe in. just have faith in yourself and believe that you can make your own life better.

see u :)))

#zuzaf