Chapter 521 - 522

Chapter 521 The Fire of Zhou County

After a period of running-in, these three refugee teams have become harmonious.

It is precisely because of mutual integration and mutual support that some things that originally belonged to Wang Lan's team slowly penetrated into other teams and were spread by more and more refugees.

Go east, to Diyue Kingdom!

There is food, there is house, there is hope!

There, ordinary people can walk on the streets openly. There is no fear of being oppressed by cultivators, because there, the spirit energy and the way of heaven have also abandoned the group of people who oppressed the common people, leaving the cultivators unable to display their abilities. As long as they fall there, no matter how great people they were before, they can only return to their original appearance. They no longer have magical powers and spells, and can only rely on their hands and feet to eat and survive.

This rumor sounds ridiculous, but it is also like a fire, lighting up the hearts of countless oppressed poor people.

Once upon a time, for many years, and for generations up to them, they were oppressed and exploited by cultivators under various names. They cannot eat a grain of the grain they grow, cannot wear an inch of the cloth they spin, and they cannot even control the fate of the children they give birth to or even themselves! There is no peace of mind in life, no peace of mind in death, this is not the life that humans should live, they are simply like animals!

The blood and tears shed by ancestors for generations activated the soreness and pain in everyone's hearts at this moment.

Regardless of whether this rumor is true or false, as long as there is a slight possibility, then it is worth their while to give it a try. As long as they really succeed, then from now on, the sky is high and birds can fly, and the sea is wide and fish can jump. The hardships that have been inherited from generation to generation will be put to an end on them, and a new life belongs to them.

Even if the news is false, or they fail in the end, the worst outcome is death.

And how much better is the life they are living now than death?

The anger that had been accumulated for a long time made the refugees emotional and their walking speed became much faster. And under the guidance of thoughtful people, in order to prevent their plan from being discovered by the group of unscrupulous practitioners, they quietly bypassed any villages and towns they passed along the way, absolutely not disturbing anyone, only they met on the road. Only when they are separated refugees like them, will they open their hearts to accept them, just like the refugee team Su Ziyi was in before.

When Su Ziyi heard this rumor, he felt unbelievable at first, but then fell silent.

Along the way, he behaved indifferently and harmlessly. He did not take the initiative to approach anyone, nor did he show any intention to attack others. He seemed like a man who was not good at words but reliable. Therefore, it didn't take long before the group of refugees who were still wary of Su Ziyi gradually accepted Su Ziyi and even allowed their children to have contact with him.

As for why it was a child, these refugees were also puzzled.

This man named Ye Yi obviously has a bad face all day long, but the children at home like him very much. In the past, when he was restrained by the adults at home, he liked to stare at people, but now there are no adults to control them. The child was even more unscrupulous and would run to Su Ziyi to get close to her when nothing happened.

Those people didn't know the reason, but Su Ziyi understood that these children liked to stick to him entirely because of their aura.

There was not a single cultivator in the entire refugee team, so even if Su Ziyi was meditating there, no one could realize that Su Ziyi was the only heretic among them. They really thought that Su Ziyi was just a strong man.