[•Mario Kart AU•]

"Martyn, are you sure?"
Martyn coughed as he went inside his garage, his Kart being prepared as Scott followed after him,"I'm sure, I'm fine it's just a cough and sore throat-", he says that as he coughs and grabs his helmet,"I'll be fine, besides my wife and kid has been waiting to see me race for weeks now, she doesn't even know I'm sick.", Scott nods, as Martyn checked his Kart like the breaks, accelerator and gears.
"Right. . . Amelia and Annette are in the crowd today."
Martyn nods, Scott checked the clipboard,"Well. . . Jimmy, Lizzy, Oli, Impulse, Joe, Antfrost, Katherine and Sausage are the racers today and we're expected to do a couple of rounds.", Martyn sat in his Kart, putting his helmet on,"Last chance?", "Ain't turning back now.", Scott sighed, he couldn't really complain since he'd do the same.
"Okay; Race starts in 5 minutes so I'd get on the track."
Martyn nods, Scott clicked the garage button and the door opened and let a sick Racer out.
. . .

=

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!"
Owen twirled the mic as Scott had the flag and Quackity offered to run the cameras for the race on the big screens.
"Welcome to our annual race of the year, we have our 9 Racers competing for the trophy!"
"Also, we would like to wish Racer Impulse a Happy Birthday!"
The crowd cheered for the Racer, who bowed before he got in his Kart as did the others.
Martyn made sure his helmet was on tight, underneath his helmet he decided to wear a type of scarf that would cover his mouth and nose just to keep warm as he felt like he-
"You ready for this Martyn?"
Martyn looked over at Jimmy, he shrugged and looked ahead,"As long as Grian ain't here to cause havoc.", "Heh, yeah.", and Scott stood on top of the tower with his flag and gun, which fired blanks, and the racers were ready.
"On your marks. . ."
. . .
"Get set."
They readied up their engines.
"GO!"
Scott waved the flag and shoot the gun!
The racers were off!

=

Martyn was far into the lead, he had a good start and wanted to keep it that way and focus!
Forget he was sick and felt his he had banged his head against the wall; He was going to win this tournament!
He could hear green shells, mushrooms and a lot of cars from behind him.
Martyn looked through his rear mirror and saw a blue shell in someone's hand, thinking quick he hit the break and let Impulse take the lead and a Blue Shell hit him!
"NO!"
"MARTYN YOU SNEAKY-!"
He didn't hear the rest of that, but he was in the lead again and was first in the first round of the races.
"WOO-HOO!!!"
"FIRST ROUND GOES TO MARTYN!!!"
"GO DADDY!!!"
Martyn looked up at the crowd, seeing his daughter and wife cheering for him he gave a wife while coughing up a storm was thankful for the scarf he was wearing now.

=

"You are a mad lad!"
It was a break, giving them time to check their karts and fix them up before the next racers.
"You're really good at this today!"
"Might be some kind of. . . Luck, considering.-"
Martyn coughed again, this time more violent and Jimmy immediately knew it,"You came in sick?!", "Not like it's the first time, remember MCC I won when I was sick??", Jimmy nods,"Yeah, and you went home with a headache and had to be in bed for a week.", Martyn shrugged, adjusting his scarf as he climbed in,"Eat my dust when you get swept by a sick person.", with that Martyn drove out to the next track and Jimmy sighed as he went back to his own Kart.

=

"FINAL RACE, WILL MARTYN KEEP UP HIS STREAK?!!?"
Martyn kept his eyes on the road and his rear mirror to keep an eye out for anyone and what they are using.
"BLUE SHELL!!"
Martyn got hit, he clenched his teeth hard as his Kart spun in a circle and he tried to control it and luck was on his side as he got back in the game as his head began to hurt more from the stupid blue shell!
"The finish line!"
Martyn pressed down on the accelerator hard and making him go faster!
Martyn got cross the finish line, skidding to a halt and. . .
"AND OUR WINNER IS MARTYN!!!"
The crowd cheered and confetti fell down on him as he took off his helmet and smiled at the crowd while allowing himself to do a fistbump like Mario.

=

"Congratulations, Daddy!"
Martyn hugged his daughter as he had his trophy and medal,"Thanks, dear. . .", "You were so cool!", Martyn laughed, standing up and saw his wife,"Want to stick around and watch the others win Match Two?", Martyn nods,"Sounds good.", his daughter and wife went on to get their seats and Scott held out some medicine,"Something for your throat and cold.", "Thanks. . .", Martyn took the medication before going after his wife and kid.