[•Empire Smp: Pix's Medallion•]

Sausage went out to look for Pix, needing to talk to him since Scott fell sick again and wasn't going so well.
He found Pix sitting by a tree, over looking the bridge and Sausage built up the courage to walk over to him as his back was turned to him.
"Scott should be alright. . . With painkillers to soften the pain a bit."
Pix nods, he couldn't get it out of his head seeing Scott collapse and be in so much pain not he didn't want to picked up or touched.
Pix recalled what Scott told him, his roles in worlds, his curse and how Scott made Pix promise to not say anything to the others.
. . .
Sausage sat next to him, overlooking the bridge as well as the events they've been through so far went over his mind.
Hopefully Scott would be okay, he did seem to be in so much pain and agony but hopefully Shubble will be able to help him.
Looking over at Pix, he noticed him meddling with his necklace or medallion he always wore.
"May I ask, Pix. . . What's your, uh. . . Necklace or Medallion?"
Pix showed it to him a bit, one side of the medallion had some kind of empire flag and the other side had a much stranger design. . .
It was the Infidelity Symbol mixed with a Star. . .?

Pix dropped the medallion, rubbing his hands and shuddered from the breeze that went by

"It belonged. . . Originally, to my great, great, great grandfather. Who, lived a pretty long time to the point I thought he was immortal. But, I wasn't close to him. . . No one was, not even the family as he apparently had done something that made him ostracised from the family, town and. . . Basically anyone, I dunno what he did but. . . Still, we visited him from time to time to make sure he was you know, not dead. . .", Pix looked at the bridge, recalling very few memories of him.
"His house was pretty sad too, no pictures at all but, he never spoke but all he did was mutter about guilt, mistakes and being a coward or something.", Sausage listened patiently, he was interested in this as Pix continued to talk.
"But. . . About, two weeks before I left for this land; Something happened."

=A Year Ago=

"Grandfather?"
Pix entered the nearly empty house, he could hear the radio was playing and entered the living room he saw his grandfather in his chair staring out the window and looked a lot weaker.
. . .
Pixel looked around for his medication, it was the last time he would be at this house since he would be leaving soon.
Coming in, he put the medication on the table and went to look in the fridge for food that he could eat and admittedly he didn't have much in the fridge-
"I was a coward. . ."
Pix looked up, turning to his grandfather who was still staring out the window,"Sorry?", "Coward was what I was. . .", his voice was quiet, raspy and deep, it sounded like he hadn't had anything to drink in decades.
"I left my friends to suffer. . . Only watched from the side lines. . . As you go on your adventure. . . Don't make the same mistake I made. . .", Pix slowly approached his grandfather from behind, feeling like he was in a horror film since this is the most he has spoke in years that he had been alive and known him from what he knows.
"What do you mean?"
Pix knelt down next to his grandfather, who sighed as he looked at the sun that shone into the room.
"My time. . . I don't believe I can carry on anymore, I have cheated death for too long. . ."
As he said that, he lifted his good hand and pulled off a medallion that he always wore and with a shaky hand he handed it to Pix.
"You remind me of myself, when I was younger and wiser. . . I want you to have this, don't lose it and. . . Keep it has a reminder to not repeat my mistakes. . ."
. . .
Pix didn't know what to say, but he took the copper medallion from his hand and looked at it in the palm of his hand.
"Get home youngster. . . You'll be preparing for your trip. . ."
Pix nods, leaving the food and medication but stays a moment longer to be sure he was fine and, he seemed fine but Pix had this bad feeling as he left.

~

The funeral. . . Wasn't much of a funeral.
It was like everyone just silently agreed that silence was the perfect response to someone that had been ostracised from the world.
Pix stood far off from his family, he knew his Grandfather would have died eventually but the fact that he seemed to live for a long time and died a few days after his last visit.
. . .
Pix then took out the medallion, getting a proper look at it and noted one side of the coin had some Empire looking flag but the other had some strange two symbols mixed together. . .?
Pix put it in his pocket as his dad called out to him, he figured it was best he didn't tell him about the medallion as it didn't seem important as no one noticed it wasn't on his grandfather's person when he died.

=

"Okay, I think I got everything I need."
Pixel checked his bag to be sure he had everything he needed and in his other bag was his equipment, papers and scrolls.
As he was about to leave, he stops and sees the medallion resting on his desk.
. . .
He picked it up, thinking about it he slowly puts the medallion over his head and around his neck.
Pix shuddered how cold the copper when it came in contact with him, he then took his stuff and headed out for his destination.

=Present=

"And yeah. . . That's the story, I still need to find out more about this medallion but, haven't had time."
. . .
Sausage had a feeling he's seen that flag before, in one of his Dimensional travels. . .