Chapter 55: A Call of a Vision

It was the night before the third match of Stage 2. It was close to night-time with many of the residents and fighters now settling in their beds ready for sleep. Saku was lingering a little with Emiko who was telling her of some of the customs of Earth "So...during the last day of October you dress up all scary like and knock on strangers doors to ask for candy?"

"That's right" said Saku "It's called Halloween"

"What did you dress up as?"

"The popular ones are mummies, dead people wrapped in bandages, Frankensteins, an artificial made monster with a big block head and a bolt through the neck, and vampires"

"Wait...Vampires? You have Vampires?"

"Of course we do...do?" Saku now felt a little anxious "wait you know of Vampires?"

"Hmm...yes" his anxiety sharpened making him almost retract

"De...Describe them for me"

Emiko put her hand to her chin "Well...they have pale skin, long fangs, very keen vision and don't like strong sunlight" Saku's heightening anxiety was making him almost itch

"So...they are actual things as Vampires?" asked Saku a little quiet "That sprout wings, are undead and drink your blood?"

"Hmmm...no. At least not the ones I know of" Saku felt a sigh of relief

"So they aren't the same? Thank goodness for that"

"They fly on their own and are perfectly alive" Saku's bottle dropped completely "but their severely allergic to blood. Their strictly Vegetarian" and it lifted right back up "well I'm going to bed Saku. Are you coming?"

"I'll join you shortly. I'm just going to read this" Saku produced the envelope Ken gave him "so give me a minute"

"Alright. Good night" she said with a yawn

"Good night"

Saku looked at the envelope in his hands, twisting it in his hands "Well...I'm alone now. So let's see what we have here" he peeled open the flap, away from him for caution, and slowly stuck his hand inside. He felt something somewhat cold and smooth in the grip of his hands and pulling it out found a electronic tablet.

Saku looked at the silver tablet, with a large black screen in hand, and found there were no buttons, connectors, nothing. Saku even tapped on the screen "Is this a dud or something?" it was then, making him jump slightly, a blue worded message appeared on it

"No...it's not a dud" the message vanished and was replaced "Are you alone?"

"Huh? How can I...type back?"

"Just speak. I can hear you" Saku just felt very uncomfortable

"How is it with what I've seen...I'm being creeped out by this?"

"I don't know. You tell me"

"Well...I am alone, as can be. My partner is here but she's asleep"

"I'll take your word for it"

Saku just looked at the tablet while it 'spoke' to him "Now Saku...what I have to tell you is important. At least to you"

"It must be...to go through this trouble" said Saku "So I take it you know me, do I know you?"

"In a way yes...and the topic of this revolves around your said Partner...Emiko"