The Final Chance

By XxFlame_HazexX

He was a mass murderer. An enemy to the nation, yet friends of the CPUs. Then, he received a 2nd Chance at li... More

Continuing On
Chapter 1: Slow Beginning
Chapter 2: Collide
Chapter 3: (Re)Introduction
Chapter 4: Falling Apart
Chapter 5: The Past
Chapter 6: To The Present
Chapter 7: Resurfacing
Chapter 8: An Ally's Introduction
Chapter 9: A Day Off
Chapter 10: Grim Beginnings
Chapter 11: Break's Over
Chapter 12: The Trip Back
Chapter 13: New Foes
Chapter 14: Myself
Chapter 15: Reconcile
Chapter 16: In Preparation
Chapter 17: Break In
Chapter 18: A Sinful Reunion
Chapter 19: End Of The Road
Chapter 20: The Day After
Chapter 21: The End
Chapter 22: Questioning
Chapter 23: Clouded Thoughts
Chapter 24: Accusation
Chapter 25: Testing
Chapter 26: The Boiling Point
Chapter 27: Blood Battle
Chapter 28: A New Perspective
Chapter 29: A Third Member
Chapter 30: One Down
Chapter 31: The Other
Chapter 32: Finally Found
Chapter 33: The Transmutation
Chapter 34: The Fatal Day
Chapter 35: Breaking Down
Chapter 36: The 2nd Encounter
Chapter 37: A Final Goodbye
Chapter 38: One Last Straw
Chapter 39: Prodigy vs Prodigy
Chapter 40: ReWrite
Chapter 41: Strange Occurrences
Chapter 42: Unexpected Help
Chapter 44: A Shocking Truth
Chapter 45: After Remembrance
Chapter 46: Beginning The Wait
Chapter 47: Counting The Days
Chapter 48: Time's Up
Chapter 49: Decision
Chapter 50: Awakening
Chapter 51: Post-Battle
Chapter 52: New Found Resolve
Chapter 53: A Decision Made
Chapter 54: A Decision Made(Bad End)
Chapter 55: The Final Showdown
Chapter 56: Going Back
Chapter 57: The First Incident
Chapter 58: The Second Incident
Chapter 59: Invasive
Chapter 60: Location
Chapter 61: Infiltrate
Chapter 62: One Last Piece
Chapter 63: Sacrificed
Chapter 64: God Surpassed
Chapter 65: HQ's Stand
Chapter 66: 2nd Round
Chapter 67: Selfless
Chapter 68: Finishing the Job
Chapter 69: Epilogue

Chapter 43: Infiltration

42 4 2
By XxFlame_HazexX

As I have begun my Christmas Break, I am back to uploading once chapter each day. So enjoy.

After a few hours of walking the two made into the hill where they see Kiana waiting for them as she wore an, odd choice of clothing for a cold front

Alex and Otto looked behind and sure enough they saw the faint building phasing in and out of visibility

The two walked up the hill until Kiana noticed them and approached. "Alex! And, O-Otto Apocalypse!?" Said a shocked Tuna.

"We just happened to be together when he got your call." Said Otto as he looked up to the building. "First a dead woman returns and now a strange building appears. How intriguing."

"Wait. You can see it to?" She asked.

"Would it help you grasp the situation if I told you that me and Alex are also noticing all the weird oddities sprinkled around us?" Said Otto.

"R-Really? Does that mean your-." Said Kiana until she got interrupted.

"Let me stop you right there. I have no intentions of getting buddy buddy with St. Freya after this. I'm just tagging along so we can all figure out the cause of all this seeing that we're all still in the right place of mind." Said Otto.

Kiana was immediately turned off by this but Alex calmed her down as he knew that they needed Otto's help.

"Well then, what could be the meaning behind the building's sudden appearance here?" Asked Kiana. "I just happened to be passing by during a relaxing jog when I came across it."

"Obviously since no one else has made a scene about it, I assume that others aren't able to see it." He said. "Or maybe perhaps they do see it but it just doesn't provoke any real reaction in them."

"That's a real good point you got right there." Added Alex as Kiana nodded.

"Yeah that's exactly it! I asked some people who lived near the park and none of them seemed to care at all about it's appearance." She said.

Otto decided now it was time to act. "Well then, hypothesizing out here won't get us any closer to our goal. We'd be better off taking immediate action."

"Are you saying we should just head on inside?" Asked Kiana.

"Well why not? We got nothing to lose and like Otto said, we're sure to find something in there to lead us to the answer behind this all." Said Alex.

"I realize that I have no proof, but It's highly likely that this is related to our current incomprehensible situation. It would be more efficient to just go inside and see what we learn, no?" Asked Otto.

Both Alex and Kiana knew he was right and had no way to deny that so two got ready as Alex stretched while Kiana pressed a button and in an

"One question. How exactly to we get inside though? Judging from it's appearance now, we can't enter it since it doesn't have a physical form." Said Alex.

Otto merely chuckled as it seemed like he had this planned out as he pulled out a red feather which Alex was confused by but Kiana instantly recognized.

"Wait. That's one of Class Monitor Fu Hua's Feathers! How do you have one!?" She asked.

"It's a long story we don't have time for. Now, Fenghuang Down. Take to the reality this building exists in." Said Otto.

The feather glowed brightly and badger a couple of seconds, the area around them was the same with the exception of the sky now suddebly being night, and the building in front of them now had a physical form

BGM: Gentle Madman from Persona 5 Royal

The top looked like a translucent glove, with tons of spotlights around it with a long and tall fleet of stairs leading up to it.

The three walked up to the entrance which looked like an elevator.

"This place, really gives off a weird vibe. What could it even be or represent?" Asked Kiana.

"Who knows? From what I'm feeling, it feels like a sanctuary or holy ground of some sorts. I'm sure we'll find out more if we keep pushing forward." Said Otto.

"Are you sure?" She asked as Alex answered her instead.

"I'm sure Otto knows what he's doing." He said.

"That's enough chatting. Time to move out." Said Otto.

Thus their infiltration began as the three boarded the elevator and entered the strange building.

Needless to say once they were inside, the design and color palette was simple but sleek.

It looked like a giant office with ghastly figures of patients waiting on chairs and nurses just roaming around.

The three knew it was best to not get caught so stealth was the option here.

After sneaking by for a bit and getting into a few scuffles with the ghastly figures, the three saw another elevator leading up to another floor.

The three immediately walked up to it only to be stopped as a ghastly figure of a doctor appeared in front of then.

BGM stops here

"Those guises, you aren't among those who desire salvation." Said the ghostly doctor.

"Sorry. We're here to arrange an appointment with the head honcho here sir." Said Alex.

"Leave. Your all unwanted intruders." Said the doc. "Don't disturb our lord's research. This world's salvation."

"I assume the way it's speaking signifies their lord's personality. Seems rather cultish." Said Otto. "Apologies doc but we're going to pass through there now. We don't have time to waste on peons like yourself."

"Why do you all willingly strive for self suffering?" Asked the doc. "Why are you reaching out to your own pain?"

For some reason those words reached Kiana as the figure was about to transform until Otto pulled out a golden firearm out of nowhere

After a quick aim, he shot the figute down as it disintegrated. "You seem affected by him Ms. Kaslana. Don't waiver. Especially now." Said Otto.

"R-Right. That weird doc mentioned something about research, and pain." She said.

"It also mentioned salvation as well. It's clear that their lord is not in his or her right place of mind." Said Alex.

Otto caught a glimpe of something on the floor where the doc had disintegrated as he picked it up.

"Well well how fortunate for us. I've found a map of this place. Let's make good use of it and keep moving."

The three all walked into the elevator and went into the next floor as they exited to see a large dimly lit area with colorful lights in the center.

"This place is large! What could this even be?" Asked Kiana before she felt a sharp pain in her head as she placed a hand there.

"You seem to be in pain. Are you alright?" Asked Otto.

"I-I'm fine! Just a sudden migraine I think." Immediately stammered Kiana to get this off topic. "Let's keep pushing. I feel like we're close to the place's lord."

The three nodded and continued to stealth their way by again until they made it to a clearing.

They began to normally walk now and were about to turn right into a hallway until another ghastly doctor appeared in front of them.

"You are misguided." Said the doc. "Don't search for pain. Only tragedy awaits you beyond here."

"Hmph. A newcomer." Said a slightly annoyed Otto.

"I'm tired of all this bleak and tradegy nonsense! Who's your ruler!? Why do you think you can get us to stop!?" Asked Kiana getting irritated.

The doc didn't answer and simply shapeshifted into a large dragon only for it to be easily put down by an attack from Kiana as she shot it down with tons of energy.

"If no one will give me an answer then I'll force my way through!" She said.

The dragon hadn't disintegrated yet as it groaned and spoke. "Such a fool. Rejecting our lord's mercy. In that case, witness it for yourself." Said the dragon as it finally disintegrated allowing the three to pass.

Kiana then got another head pain again as she got more visions as she fell onto the ground groaning.

"I really hoped those visions help you understand." Said a voice over the intercom, seemingly belonging to the ruler.

"A man's voice." Said Otto.

"If you keep pushing like this, your going to find nothing but heartache. Please. Won't you stop fighting and return to our current reality?" Asked the male voice.

"N-Nothing but, heartache huh?" Asked Kiana talking through the pain. "I don't understand what your saying, but I have no intention of leaving now! She shouted.

"Me and the boy are also in agreement there. We also refuse to do as you say." Said Otto with Alex nodding in agreement.

"How about you drop the "big voice behind the curtain act" and face us directly?" Asked Alex.

The male voice sighed as he took a while to answer.

The three were expecting him to obviously decline.

And then......

"Very well. Head on down."

Chapter 43: End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 852 27
You just a ordinary teen who goes to school to chat and play with your friends until a portal appears at the school field and suck you into a world c...
100K 1.1K 29
(Y/N) (L/N) is 16 year old kid. He had close friends on his school, but something changed on him...Something more special...He had a power that could...
35.9K 629 13
[[[Heads-up, this is an old story I took down but due to some demand I've decided re-upload it again, just thought I'd let you know. ^_^)>]]] -This i...
10.2K 285 50
What started out as a simple meet and greet with the CPUs would end up turning into a large scale adventure. One that no one could expect. HyperDimen...