The Final Chance

By XxFlame_HazexX

He was a mass murderer. An enemy to the nation, yet friends of the CPUs. Then, he received a 2nd Chance at li... More

Continuing On
Chapter 1: Slow Beginning
Chapter 2: Collide
Chapter 3: (Re)Introduction
Chapter 4: Falling Apart
Chapter 5: The Past
Chapter 6: To The Present
Chapter 7: Resurfacing
Chapter 8: An Ally's Introduction
Chapter 9: A Day Off
Chapter 10: Grim Beginnings
Chapter 11: Break's Over
Chapter 12: The Trip Back
Chapter 13: New Foes
Chapter 14: Myself
Chapter 15: Reconcile
Chapter 16: In Preparation
Chapter 17: Break In
Chapter 18: A Sinful Reunion
Chapter 19: End Of The Road
Chapter 20: The Day After
Chapter 21: The End
Chapter 22: Questioning
Chapter 23: Clouded Thoughts
Chapter 24: Accusation
Chapter 25: Testing
Chapter 26: The Boiling Point
Chapter 27: Blood Battle
Chapter 28: A New Perspective
Chapter 29: A Third Member
Chapter 30: One Down
Chapter 31: The Other
Chapter 32: Finally Found
Chapter 34: The Fatal Day
Chapter 35: Breaking Down
Chapter 36: The 2nd Encounter
Chapter 37: A Final Goodbye
Chapter 38: One Last Straw
Chapter 39: Prodigy vs Prodigy
Chapter 40: ReWrite
Chapter 41: Strange Occurrences
Chapter 42: Unexpected Help
Chapter 43: Infiltration
Chapter 44: A Shocking Truth
Chapter 45: After Remembrance
Chapter 46: Beginning The Wait
Chapter 47: Counting The Days
Chapter 48: Time's Up
Chapter 49: Decision
Chapter 50: Awakening
Chapter 51: Post-Battle
Chapter 52: New Found Resolve
Chapter 53: A Decision Made
Chapter 54: A Decision Made(Bad End)
Chapter 55: The Final Showdown
Chapter 56: Going Back
Chapter 57: The First Incident
Chapter 58: The Second Incident
Chapter 59: Invasive
Chapter 60: Location
Chapter 61: Infiltrate
Chapter 62: One Last Piece
Chapter 63: Sacrificed
Chapter 64: God Surpassed
Chapter 65: HQ's Stand
Chapter 66: 2nd Round
Chapter 67: Selfless
Chapter 68: Finishing the Job
Chapter 69: Epilogue

Chapter 33: The Transmutation

44 2 4
By XxFlame_HazexX

Ed was horrified at what he saw.

He didn't get much time to react as the girl's arms morphed into long water like whips as they targeted at the blonde alchemist.

At the last second he managed to transmute a blade as it emerged from his right arm as he immediately began to block and defend all the water whip attacks from the woman.

"Christ she's strong! I think we found our homunculus!" Shouted Ed to try and get Alphonse's attention.

Thankfully it did as Alphonse began to run to their location.

The moment he did though, Alphonse stopped as he saw who the homunculus was.

"M-Mo." Before Al could finished speaking, Sloth used one of her water whips and knocked Al's helmet off.

"Alphonse!" Shouted Ed as Akari went to check on Alphonse's armor.

Akari's was then shocked to see that inside was, nobody.

It was an empty, hollow suit of armor.

"E-Edward. Where's Alphonse?" Asked Akari being genuinely confused.

Ed couldn't answer as he continued to defend against Sloth's attacks only for Sloth herself.

"Edward........you, couldn't make me right................you, couldn't make your brother right." She said slowly.

"S-Shut up!" Shouted Ed back at her.

This unfortunately caused a water whip to catch Ed's leg and trip him up as Edward fell onto the ground.

Sloth then aimed her water whip above Ed's neck to finish him off only for shockingly, Akari to kick Sloth away as she grabbed Ed and Al along with his helmet and ran out of the building.

"Hey what the hell!? Take us bac-."

Ed had stopped speaking as Akari had hit a nerve to knock him out for a while.

As Akari had ran back to them to safety, she kept hearing Al mumbling about his mom. How he just saw their mother.

Akari seriously doubted that could be their actual mother but she knew who to ask and it wouldn't be Roy shockingly.

After what felt like a long time, Akari had managed to get the two brothers into a hotel room and laid them on their respective beds as she left the room, ready to get answers the next day.

[The Next Day]

Akari was currently the Evoker gun and was in Alex's room standing over his currently sleeping body.

It was highly weird for Akari to technically be shooting her own son in the head even though Alex had assured her many times before that it wasn't an actual gun and didn't shoot bullets at all.

With that Akari walked next to Alex's sleeping body and aimed the gun right next to his head.

After taking a deep sigh and hoping to god that this didn't actually kill him, she pulled the trigger and after a few seconds, a light flashed in the room and out appeared the pure white being and god of alchemy, Truth.

"Hm? Oh man oh man! If it isn't Akari C. Satsuki aka the goddess of time aka the admin/mother of the world! Pleasure is mine! I'm Tru-."

Before Truth could finish speaking Akari had shut him up.

"I know who you are nitwit! Now shut the hell up and come with me." Said Akari as she tried to grab his arm only for her hand to phase through it.

"Haha. Forget to mention that physical contact phases through me. Don't worry. I can go myself." Said Truth after chuckling a bit.

With that both godly beings walked to Akari's room as Akari sat on her bed and Truth on the floor.

"Let me guess. You summoned me to ask me a couple of questions correct? Then go ahead. I got all the answers you need." Said Truth.

Akari cleared her throat before speaking.

"Do you have any connection at all with the Elric brothers?" She asked.

Truth kept quiet for a bit before sighing. "So you've finally figured out about my other deal. Congrats. Would you like a medal?"

"Stay serious you white tofu dolt!" Shouted Akari as Truth laughed a little.

"Alright alright I'm sorry. Anyways, yes. I am indeed connected with the Elrics. They were my first contractors before I met Alex. Though, unlike Alex, the other two didn't willingly want a contract." Said Truth.

"Willingly want a contract? Are you implying you forced them into one?" Asked Akari.

"Listen. Before you go making assumptions, let me show you the past that led up to their present."

A small white orb formed in Truth's hand before he expanded it as it covered the room.

Eventually the white background changed into what looked like a small basement with tons of tubes, books, and other items as well as Alphonse's armor on the stand.

Akari looked around for a bit until she heard a little kid speak.

"Water, 35 Liters. Carbon, 20 Kilograms. Ammonia, 4 Liters. Lime, 1.5 Kilograms. Phosphorus, 800 Grams. Salt, 250 Grams. Saltpeter, 100 Grams. Sulfur, 80 Grams. Fluorine, 7.5 Grams. Iron, 5 Grams. Silicon, 3 Grams. Okay. Let's write down the formula now."

She turned around to see a young Ed and Al drawing a transmutation circle on the ground as she noticed a pot of ashes in the center.

"Truth. What're they doing?" Asked Akari as the brothers placed their hands onto the circle.

"They're about to commit alchemy's biggest sin."

The large transmutation circle began to blow bright blue with sparks circling around it.

Their faces had huge smiles seeing everything go as planned.

Unfortunately, things went south fast.

A black mist began to circle around the transmutation circle as the blue glow turned into an ominous purple as the brothers looked around in confinement.

"Hey Ed? Something doesn't feel right." Said the young Alphonse as they saw in the middle of the circle, a giant eye opened as mini black arms emerged from the circle.

What Akari would see next would horrify her.

The black arms touched Al's left hand and literally disintegrated it into nothing as Al panicked.

"Al!" Shouted the young Ed until he also shouted in pain as he fell and saw that the arms had disintegrated his left leg into two.

"I-I can't be. A rebound?"

Ed's attention was then back at Al who shouted his name as he was slowly being dragged away by the arms as they disintegrated Al's body at blistering speed.

Ed tried to reach his hand out to grab Al, his whole vision went white.

The scenery also changed for Akari and present Truth as they saw young Ed in the void.

"W-What the hell was that!?" Asked Akari.

"They're about to pay the price for committing alchemy's biggest sin."

Akari groaned and turned her focus back to the past as young Ed looked around in confusement.

"Al? Wait uh. What was I just doing? I just............." Trailed Ed until he was suddenly spooked by another voice.

"Hello there."

Young Ed saw a pure white being in front of him which was past Truth.

"W-Who're you?" Asked Ed.

"Oh boy am I glad you asked. I go by many names. I'm the world, or the universe. I'm god. I'm Truth. I am all. I am one. And I'm also, you." Said past Truth as he pointed at Young Ed.

Ed then felt something opened behind him.

He turned around to see a large gate slowly open to reveal a black abyss, as a giant eye opened in it.

"You dared to knock on the door. Now, the door welcomes you."

Ed could barely have time to run as the mini black arms all grabbed and dragged Ed into the abyss as the gate slowly closed.

"Quiet child. This is what you wanted right? I'll show you the truth."

The gate then closed completely as Akari just grew more confused on what she was watching as she turned to present day.

"Can I get answers now!?" She said.

"Not until after the presentation?" Jokingly said Truth casuing Akari to sigh deeply.

Suddenly, in a split second, Ed had appeared out of the gate, seemingly reaching out for something with a shocked face.

"How was it?" Asked past Truth.

Young Ed turned around and then walked back to the gate. "I get it now. My theory on human transmutation wasn't wrong after all. It can be done." He said as he placed his hands on the gate. "I'm just missing something! Everything past this have all the answers I need about human transmutation! Please. Show me everything again!" Said Young Ed.

Past Truth simply sighed at his naivety. "I can't do that. I've already showed you enough for the toll you paid." Said Truth as young Ed looked back at him.

"Toll? What toll?" Asked Ed.

Past Truth chuckled.

"This. Surely you didn't forget did you?" Said past Truth has his pure white left leg suddenly began to change into Ed's as Ed realized and saw that his left leg was yet again being broken apart again.

He then looked only to see past Truth directly in his face.

"It's the law of Equivalent Exchange young alchemist."

The scenery then changed back into the basement as Young Ed screamed in pain, having his hands on his missing left leg as blood seeped out from the missing limb as across from him laid Al's empty clothes as his body had been completely taken away and disintegrated as the circle continued to transmute as the blue glow had stayed.

"D-Dammit! This, can't be happening!" Said Young Ed. "It can't be! This wasn't, this wasn't supposed to, NO! He's gone! What've I done!?"

Ed fell onto his side from the pain as he pleaded for help. "Somebody help me..........somebody..................mom."

Ed saw that the blue glow went away as he looked at the finished transmutation

That's what the brothers had gotten from their transmutation.

They had finished transmuting their mom back to life, but, clearly something went wrong.

That looked nothing like their mom.

Young Ed looked in horror as their "mom" stretched an arm out, blood spurting out of it until the arm feel as a pool of blood formed quickly where it was.

"N-No. This, this is wrong. This, this isn't what we wanted!"

Ed cried out for his brother Alphonse, blaming himself for letting this happen.

The armor from the stand suddenly fell, with the helmet coming off, as Ed dragged himself to the armor.

"N-No dammit. You, you won't take him too. Give him back. He's my brother." He said as he drew a blood seal on the back side inside the armor's body. "Take my leg. Take my arm. Take my heart or anything you can have it! Just give him back! HE'S MY LITTLE BROTHER HE'S ALL I HAVE LEFT!" He shouted as he put his hands together, a light engulfing everything ending the vision.

And thus, the FullMetal Alchemist had been born.

Chapter 33: End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 1.2K 42
Izuku Midoriya finds himself in another dimension known as the Hyperdimension. The world didn't have no quirks. Just four nations that are ruled by g...
6.7K 118 12
There exists a world which is known by the locals as Gamindustri. In this world, four goddesses rule over their own nation. These four, known as "CPU...
6.9K 196 13
The 'mastermind' has decided to play one final game with Makoto Naegi, to prove himself as the Ultimate Hope or the Ultimate Despair... BOOK ONE - De...
2.8K 8 10
I am entering hyperdimension.But you know the unspoken rule of hyperdimension neptunia.There are no important male characters so yeah.This is gonna b...