The Final Chance

By XxFlame_HazexX

He was a mass murderer. An enemy to the nation, yet friends of the CPUs. Then, he received a 2nd Chance at li... More

Continuing On
Chapter 1: Slow Beginning
Chapter 2: Collide
Chapter 3: (Re)Introduction
Chapter 4: Falling Apart
Chapter 5: The Past
Chapter 6: To The Present
Chapter 8: An Ally's Introduction
Chapter 9: A Day Off
Chapter 10: Grim Beginnings
Chapter 11: Break's Over
Chapter 12: The Trip Back
Chapter 13: New Foes
Chapter 14: Myself
Chapter 15: Reconcile
Chapter 16: In Preparation
Chapter 17: Break In
Chapter 18: A Sinful Reunion
Chapter 19: End Of The Road
Chapter 20: The Day After
Chapter 21: The End
Chapter 22: Questioning
Chapter 23: Clouded Thoughts
Chapter 24: Accusation
Chapter 25: Testing
Chapter 26: The Boiling Point
Chapter 27: Blood Battle
Chapter 28: A New Perspective
Chapter 29: A Third Member
Chapter 30: One Down
Chapter 31: The Other
Chapter 32: Finally Found
Chapter 33: The Transmutation
Chapter 34: The Fatal Day
Chapter 35: Breaking Down
Chapter 36: The 2nd Encounter
Chapter 37: A Final Goodbye
Chapter 38: One Last Straw
Chapter 39: Prodigy vs Prodigy
Chapter 40: ReWrite
Chapter 41: Strange Occurrences
Chapter 42: Unexpected Help
Chapter 43: Infiltration
Chapter 44: A Shocking Truth
Chapter 45: After Remembrance
Chapter 46: Beginning The Wait
Chapter 47: Counting The Days
Chapter 48: Time's Up
Chapter 49: Decision
Chapter 50: Awakening
Chapter 51: Post-Battle
Chapter 52: New Found Resolve
Chapter 53: A Decision Made
Chapter 54: A Decision Made(Bad End)
Chapter 55: The Final Showdown
Chapter 56: Going Back
Chapter 57: The First Incident
Chapter 58: The Second Incident
Chapter 59: Invasive
Chapter 60: Location
Chapter 61: Infiltrate
Chapter 62: One Last Piece
Chapter 63: Sacrificed
Chapter 64: God Surpassed
Chapter 65: HQ's Stand
Chapter 66: 2nd Round
Chapter 67: Selfless
Chapter 68: Finishing the Job
Chapter 69: Epilogue

Chapter 7: Resurfacing

93 3 1
By XxFlame_HazexX

The last thing heard was a second splash into the water.

Alex essentially was so focused that he channeled out any sound and feeling so he could focus immensely on rescuing her.

Hell he wasn't even swimming properly and was just thrasing to go deeper into the water until he finally saw it.

Noire's twintails which was now just long flowing Black hair as her ribbons had been undone due to the water.

As he saw her, he immediately began to desend faster.

'Black Heart, Noire's the CPU of Lastation. A girl I hate who's also the older sibling of my girlfriend. Hell. She hates as well. But, but..."

Alex finally grabbed her hand and immediately tried to head back up

'I can't just let her die here!'

On a small island, Noire began to cough and gasp for air, as she removed all the water that had filled her lungs.

"Where, am I?" She asked.

"Oh, right. I, fell off the ferry..."

Noire turned to look behind her and saw Alex laid down as her eyes widened, as she had faintly seen Alex in the water grabbing her hand.

"He, jumped into save me?"

Noire crawled over and kneeled next to Alex.

"This is awful. Not only could I not take care of myself, I even put my sister's boyfriend in danger. Hey. Alex. You okay?"

Noire shook Alex a little only to receive no reaction. "H-Huh? H-Hey wake up. Don't mess around with me Alex! Please!" She shouted a little getting tears in her eyes.

"Your kidding right! Come on wake up!"

Noire shook his head and tried lightly smacking his cheeks to wake him up.

All received no interaction as Alex remained motionless with his eyes closed and no breathing.

Noire immediately began to panic and looked around to see they were literally stranded on this island.

She looked back to Alex and placed her hands on his chest.

"Crap what was it? I think, pump the chest thirty times."

Noire immediately began to pump Alex's chest trying to get a response.

"Come on! You better not be faking!" She shouted as she continued to pump his chest.

'Why? Why'd you go so far for me? You knew you couldn't swim and had aquaphobia so why save me?'

"Your such a fool. You live your life, and I live mine. We agreed on it after my interrogation right?"

Eventually, Noire stopped as she had done thirty pumps yet not one initiated a response from Alex.

Noire panted heavily, remembering something Uni had told her shortly after she and Alex first became a couple two years ago.

'Noire. He did what he did to save us. To save you, the goddess he respects so much. He isn't a bad guy. He's just misunderstood. I realized that, and, I hope on day you'll realize that too.'

Noire eyes widened, her blush, not her sickness blush but an actual blush developed.

She had realized what she needed to do.

[Back At The Lastation Dock]

Uni had walked to the dock with a smirk, waiting for Alex and Noire to arrive so she could reveal herself as the one who secretly set this up.

Her joyfullness immediately went away as she heard something over the speaker.

"Two people, seemingly a couple fell off the ferry! The male wore a white shirt and had black hair while the girl had long black twin tails!"

Uni heard that, and her stomach immediately sank as she rushed to the dock and immediately flew away in HDD, hoping that they had resurfaced on an island they could find.

[Back At The Island]

'Crap. I'm fading.' Though Alex in his head as he was slowing losing consciousness.

"I'm going to die aren't I? Not the way I would've preferred honestly. I thought I could do it. Guess this wasn't as easy as it seemed in movies. Sorry mom. I couldn't even last half a year after you came back to me. Sorry Uni. Guess your innocent plan to have me and Noire make up went far south didn't it?  Man. Talk avoid pathetic.'

That was the last thing Alex thought in his head, as Noire leaned down, and slowly placed her lips on his.

She gave Alex mouth to mouth and did all she could to give him the air he desperately needed.

Noire was almost out of breathe giving the mouth to mouth until suddenly, Alex opened his eyes and immediately began to cough up all the water that filled his lungs as Noire backed up a bit in shock but also relief.

Alex sat up onto his side and coughed up the remaining water in his lungs.

Once he was done, he panted a bit and turned to see Noire also panting heavily with a huge blush.

It took a bit for Alex's eyes to widened as he also formed a blush himself.

"N-Noire. Did, you just?"

Normally here Alex would expect Noire to immediately go full tsun and to say, "D-Don't get the wrong idea or anthing."

Shockingly, Noire didn't do that.

"I-I'm sorry!" Noire immediately shouted. "I'm sorry, you had to jump in to save me. A-And, I'm sorry for sayingall those hurtful thingsat the Basilicom." She said softly looking away with her blush still visible.

That only caued Alex's blush to get redder a bit not expecting Noire to say that. "Uh, n-no problem. Likewise."

As Alex and Noire slowly stood up, Alex felt something he hadn't felt in a long time.

Something he thought he had locked away once Noire starting acting harsh to him.

'I-I, seriously have these feelings after all these years?' Thought Alex clutching where his heart was as it was beating fast. Mainly cause of exhausted but also cause his heart waa racing out of emotion.

'Get it together kid. Don't give your hopes up.' Thought the young boy. 'Just caused you saved her today doesn't mean she's just gonna immediately reciprocate your feelings.'

Once Alex was done thinking, Alex and Noire both heard someone shouting their names.

Eventually, the saw Black Sister arrive at the island practically crying already and gave am emotional hug to her big sister and boyfriend.

Both Alex and Noire smiled softly and joined Uni as the three hugged each other.

After a nice, long hug, Noire eventually regained enough strength back to go into HDD for a few minutes to fly back.

So Black Heart and Black Sister holding onto Alex both flew back towards the Lastation dock.

Once they all made it, both girl reverted back into human form as Uni called the ambulance to have both Alex and Noire checked on just to be safe.

Soon they arrived and a couple of workers began to lead Noire into the back of one.

Before she got in, she was called out.

"N-Noire!" Said Alex getting her attention as she stopped.

He struggled to get it out but eventually finally talked. "Hey. Uh. T-Thanks. For, doing what you did to save me."

As Alex said that, it immediately got Uni curious on what happened. She knew she'd immediately press Noire about getting the details.

It took a bit for an answer before Noire turned around and smiled back at Alex.

"Well, why wouldn't I? You saved me all those years ago. It's only fair I saves you for once. Right?"

That answer caught Alex off guard as all he could do was just nod and wave goodbye as he walked into the back of his own ambulance truck.

The back of the truck was closed as a monitor detected that Noire's heartbeat was a little fast.

One of the workers in the back noticed and handed her a cup of water.

"Nervous? Try to relax."

Noire took the cup of water.

"I'm, fine...I'm perfectly, fine." She said slowly taking a sip of the water.

As she did, she remembered back to the ferry incident again.

Slowly falling to the depths of the ocean, thinking for sure she was done for.

Only to feel someone grab and pull her up, as she had opened her eyes slowly to see a determined Alex, someone she knew that had aquaphobia and couldn't swim, try so hard to save her.

As she remembered back to all that, it caused her to hide her mouth which had a smile, as she had a huge blush across her safe as she spoke quietly.

"Thank you so much. Alex."

Chapter 7: End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 196 13
The 'mastermind' has decided to play one final game with Makoto Naegi, to prove himself as the Ultimate Hope or the Ultimate Despair... BOOK ONE - De...
61.6K 852 27
You just a ordinary teen who goes to school to chat and play with your friends until a portal appears at the school field and suck you into a world c...
35.9K 629 13
[[[Heads-up, this is an old story I took down but due to some demand I've decided re-upload it again, just thought I'd let you know. ^_^)>]]] -This i...
63.4K 1.8K 26
Y/n L/n, a 15-year-old person who is a prodigy on history class, math class and very creative at making ideas of level systems from games. Though, du...