A Knot ✔

By Dharani17

Highest Ranking - 1st in RagLak on 13th November 2020 1st in RagYa on 10th June 2020 A Tale of Two People INT... More

~1~
~2~
~3~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
~53~
~54~
~55~
~56~
~57~
~58~
~59~
~60~
~61~
~62~
~63~
~64~
~65~
~66~
~67~
~68~
~69~
~70~ (Last)

~4~

2K 141 63
By Dharani17

His POV

Finally it's time to meet her. 'Prit's Sister'. Idiot me! Not even asked her name. I want to ask ma or papa but then left the idea because I don't want to show them that I am desperate. Now you guys don't think to tease me. Yes I am desperate to meet her. Don't know why my heart is beating fast from the time we started from home.

Now it is beating as if it will come out anytime. Stop doing that heart! I took a deep breathe to control my excitement and got down from the car. My bodyguards are with me. I requested papa not to take them atleast inside the private cabin. I don't want to scare her. Thankfully papa accepted and asked them to stay outside the cabin. We entered and my eyes fell on someone sitting beside Prit. She is sooo beautiful. Oh God! I am not able to take my eyes off her.

Mr. & Mrs. Gadodia came towards us this made me to look away from her as I don't want them to get to know that I am already drooling over their daughter. They were speaking to my parents and I was looking at them stealing glances secretely of hers. She is speaking to Prit.

"He is Laksh!" Papa introduced me to Mr. & Mrs. Gadodia and also bringing my attention back to them from her. I greeted them. Then her mother turned back and looked at her.

"Ragini" her mother called her indicating her to come there.

RAGINI! Such a beautiful name! She looked towards her mother. My eyes fall on her eyes. They are so beautiful. Anybody can drown in them forgetting the whole world. Man! How can someone reject this heavenly beauty? Unlucky them and Lucky me! Ahh! I am not going to leave the chance of getting this gorgeous into my life.

She came towards us followed by Prit.

"Laksh...Laksh Maheshwari" I introduced myself forwarding my hand to her. My hand got forwarded without my knowledge. I am so drowned in her beauty that I myself don't know that I forwarded my hand.

I saw her who is looking at me without blinking her eyes. We both actually fell in an eyelock without our knowledge. It's heavenly to get drowned in her eyes. They screamed lots of innocence.

"Di" I heard Prit whispering in her ear asking her to shake hand. That is when I averted my eyes a bit so that I don't drool over her openly.

"Ragini" She introduced herself and shook her hand with mine. But her voice seemed to be tensed. Why? Still I smiled at her.

"You guys can have a talk sitting there." Mr. Gadodia said pointing towards another table that has been arranged at a little distance in the same private cabin.

I nodded and showed my hand indicating her to move first. She walked towards the table and I followed her. We both got settled there. She is sitting silently playing with her fingers and looking at the table.

"Hi" I greeted her trying to start the conversation.

"Hi" She greeted me back with nervous smile.

I smiled back not showing that I understood she is nervous.  But why to be nervous?  Again silence. What should I do now? I think she isn't comfortable. I think I should speak. I was about to open my mouth to speak but she spoke.

"Umm... What do you do?" She asked me finally.

Her voice! Uff such a melodious voice she has. It is so soothing. No wonder she is a music teacher. I didn't notice her voice when she introduced herself as I was lost in her. Oh I should answer her question.

"I joined dad's company as Managing Director two years ago." I told her.

She nodded. I thought to continue the conversation and in this process she might feel comfortable.

"You are a music teacher, right?" I asked her. Prit told me morning so I just made the statement into a question.

She nodded but I felt she wants to know how I know about her profession by her expression.

"Prit told me" I added.

She nodded again. I think I should ask her directly. If she isn't comfortable we can call any of her family memebers to make her comfortable.

"You aren't comfortable?" I asked her immediately.

"No it's not like that. It's just... I don't know why... I am... Tensed." She told stammering.

Tensed? Do I look like a Principal who scold his students? I pouted mentally.

"Do I look like some principal who will scold his students?" I asked her directly so that it would make her atleast a bit comfortable as I am talking genuinely without any beatings around the bush.

She looked at me surprised. Then slowly she smiled. Aww! So cute!

"You look cute when you smile!" I couldn't stop myself complementing her.

Her cheeks turned red. Aww! She is blushing. This made me smile more.

"Thank you. You can ask me anything if you want." She changed the topic and tried to control her blush.

Such a cutiepie she is!

"There is nothing to ask as Prit already told me about you. We will get to know eachother as the time passes if everything goes well and get married." I told her.

If we get to know everything now only what will we do after marriage. The beauty of the arranged marriage is we can learn about partners day by day. This actually makes life interesting as we will know new things about our partner along with our life journey.

"You can ask me about me." I said looking at her so that if she wants to ask anything she might ask.

"I don't know... I mean..." She stammered again. She went to the tension zone again.

I saw her expression. Wait! She was about to cry. Her expression states it. Did I do something that hurt her? No god no! I don't want to miss this cutiepie. I was lost in my thoughts when Prit called me coming towards us.

"Sir" Prit's voice got me out of my thinking. I looked at him. She also looked above.

"Yes Prit" I said looking at Prit.

"Uncle and aunty are calling you guys." Prit said.

I nodded. I once looked at her and stood up to go. She also stood up. I walked crossing them.

I saw ma and papa standing a bit far from the table they were sitting a while ago. I moved towards them.

"What happened?" I asked them as why are they standing far.

"What happened? It's almost an hour you both are talking. So now tell us your opinion." Papa said.

One hour! I didn't even observed the time. But we didn't speak anything. I pouted mentally again.

"I am ready" I stated them.

I am not going to miss her. Their both faces broke into happy smile making me to smile happily.

"But..." I stopped so that I gain their attention towards me again. They both looked at me.

"I will tell them about that betrayer. Only if they are ok we will proceed." I stated them as I don't want to start my relation with any secrets especially about that girl.

"But Laksh they may say no" Ma said with worry.

"Ma relax. I don't want to keep this as a secret. I am going to tell." I told her again.

She looked at papa who blinked his eyes assuring her. It means he also feel the same what I am feeling. I looked at her who is talking to Prit. She turned suddenly to me. I don't know how but my lips curved automatically into a smile. She smiled back at me. Uff that smile! I am definitely gonna die.

"Ok" finally ma said agreeeing to me to tell about that girl to them.

I don't want to take her name. I will not take her name even when telling to them. I will show her when she will come to marriage. Yes she will definitely come as she is my cousin's wife's younger sister. Not only that she is my friend from childhood as she is Papa's friend's daughter.

Oh stop it. Why am I thinking about her now? Let me concentrate on soon to be my wife. I once again looked at her but frowned looking at her teary eyes. Why is she crying? Her father wiped her tears smiling and they came back to sit where her mother is sitting and looking them. Her father nodded his head at her mother in an assuring manner and her mother sighed in relief.

What happened to her? Why is she crying? I don't know why I didn't like her crying. It gave a glint of pain in my heart. I came out of my thoughts when papa spoke.

"Let us go then" Papa said. I nodded and we three also got settled.

I looked at her but she is looking down. What happened to her? I want to know. All the others are looking at me for the answer except her. But I want her to look at me when I am saying. I waited for few seconds but she isn't raising her head. I sighed and nodded YES.

"Yes" Prit exclaimed in happiness as soon as I nodded.

He pulled her into a bone crushing hug. I can say that the way he hugged her. 'Prit leave her she is getting crushed in your arms man.'

I could see her face from side angle. Her eyes widened and slowly her lips broke into happy smile. It is an YES from her too. I couldn't stop myself from smiling widely.

Ragini Laksh Maheshwari! It made my heart flutter in joy. She broke the hug and looked at me. Finally! We both once again fell in eyelock. But now I have to tell this. I broke the eyelock unwillingly.

"I need to tell something important" I stated looking at her.

She nodded as she was also looking me. I could feel all the gazes at me but I just looked her.

"Actually two years ago I had a break up." I stopped speaking to see her expressions.

But she didn't change any expression. She is sitting patiently waiting for me to continue. I don't know why I felt happy realising that she didn't judge me with that small information. I felt she was waiting to know whole matter before she react. Such an understanding girl she is!

"She was my childhood friend. Actually Papa's friend's daughter. She is also my cousin's wife's sister. We were good friends. I don't know why I felt that she is the one for me and I asked papa to ask her hand. She agreed. Everything was normal and we enjoyed same like before, as friends. But exactly the day before our engagement she came with one boy whom she previously introduced to me as her friend and asked for my help to get the job. She told she loves him and was acting to be in love with me all these days just to get the job for her boyfriend. I was broken and to divert myself joined office. Slowly I realised it was just a like towards her. It was because of the friendship and freedom around her made me think that she could be my betterhalf but it was completely my misunderstanding." I told them everything which I wanted to tell.

They all heard patiently. I could see ma who is tensed. I held her hand assuring her everything will be fine. I looked at her waiting for her reaction.

"Is this all you want to say?" She asked breaking the silence.

I nodded. All her family are also sitting silently. Nobody spoke anything except her.

"It is not even a break up" she stated smiling a little.

Prit chuckled. I looked at him. He stopped immediately thinking that I was offended. But I didn't understand why did he chuckle?

"Pri!" She showed her eyes to him making him silent.

"Sorry!" She looked at me and apologized on behalf of Prit.

I just smiled at her.

"So can we proceed for further talks?" Mr. Gadodia asked.

They don't have any problem? She nodded yes with big smile. Oh My God! I am going to get married. Suddenly my mood got good and I felt so happy. She will be with me whole life. I am luckiest. Lucky you got lottery in your life.

Prit hugged her again happily. She smiled happily.

"You elders speak we youngsters will sit there. I don't want to get bored" Prit said making faces.

She giggled. Aww! Cutest! Mr. Gadodia nodded looking at him in disbelief while Prit pulled her.

"Sir please come." Prit asked me to come pulling her along with him.

I looked at ma papa and went following them. We got settled there. Then came a waiter asking for the order. We ordered. Then it is silent. But I can see Prit and she are talking in signs. What is this language? I am going to learn it for sure hehe.

His POV ends

Her POV

He completed saying his breakup story. In the whole story I didn't feel anywhere he was in love with that girl.

"Is this all you want to say?" I asked breaking the silence that is all over the cabin.

He nodded.

"It is not even a break up" I stated smiling a little.

How will it be a breakup when there is no love in between them. It was all he felt that he was in love with her because of the comfort zone he had with her.

Prit chuckled due to my statement as I know he understood why I said that. He looked at Pri. Pri stopped immediately. What if he get hurt? This boy na.

"Pri!" I called him in a strict tone to make him silent.

"Sorry!" I looked at him and apologized on behalf of Prit.

He just smiled at me. I think he is upset. I looked at papa to speak further so that we can change the topic.

"So can we proceed for further talks?" Papa asked.

I nodded yes with big smile. His lips broke into smile. I am so happy. All the tension went like it never existed in me.

Prit hugged me again happily. I smiled happily.

"You elders speak we youngsters will sit there. I don't want to get bored" Prit said making faces.

I giggled looking him making faces. Papa nodded looking at him in disbelief. Prit ignored papa and dragged me asking him to come along with us.

"Sir please come" Prit asked him to come with us while pulling me.

I know why this Prit wants to sit seperately. He will leave us alone after few minutes. He wants us to speak properly as we couldn't speak earlier due to my tension.

He followed us and we got settled in the place where we sat previously. He is staring me. I don't know why I feel he wants my proper opinion about his story. Waiter came towards us asking for our order. We ordered and the waiter went. Prit signed me whether I will be ok if he goes. I nodded my head with smile. I know he is seeing us. Haha but he won't understand what we are speaking. We both are experts in speaking to eachother in sign language.

"Di papa is calling me. I will just come" saying he went from there without waiting for any of us to react.

"But I didn't hear any voice?" He asked looking confused at me.

"Papa signed him to come there." I told covering it up. Haha. Such an intelligent I am.

"Oh ok" He said and went silent.

"Did you ever kiss her?" I asked him suddenly because I wanted to know whether he has a bit of love on her which he was thinking as love.

"Whaaat! No not at all! I never even think of it" he was shocked with my question and answered with wide eyes.

I couldn't control my laugh and laughed seeing his expressions. He got scared. Aww so cute! He is looking at me with smile.

"You look beautiful when you laugh!" he complemented me again.

"Thank you" I smiled at him.

"You wanted to know my opinion regarding your 'breakup' story?" I asked making quotes with my fingers when I was using the word breakup.

He nodded vigorously. Ok I thought only I behave childish but he isn't less. I muffled my chuckle.

"I didn't find any love in it when you were discribing it. It was just the comfort zone you have with her which you felt would be love and asked her hand. But yes there is a betrayal because she misused her friendship with you. Sorry if I am wrong and if it was a love. Even then It doesn't matter to me. It was your past but I am your present and I will be your furture. All that matters to me is the present and future." I told him with a smile.

He is all the time staring me with smile on his face. He is so handsome. Stop Ragini! Don't drool openly. Our food arrived and we started having food. Again the silence took place. We can hear what our elders are discussing as the cabin is all silent now. Soon we had our food in silence and bid bye to eachother.

He looked at me one last time before leaving while I was staring his back.

"Ahem Ahem" Prit cleared his throat.

I looked at him with blush. Ma, papa and Prit chuckled seeing me. Papa hugged me and kissed my head. I know ma would be more happy than papa as she wanted me to settle in my married life.

Her POV ends

****

Hello guys 👋👋👋

How are you?

Thank you for reading.

With Love
Dharani (Dhaరणि)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 11.8K 46
A love journey of married couple Swara-Sanskar and Ragini-Laksh...
20K 1.1K 15
On our favorite bridge of swaRagini... They both are standing... "Ragini, I love you truly. I can't be far from you. accept me plz.." Laksh say...
29.9K 1.9K 15
Highest Ranking- #1st in RagYa on 16th August 2020 RagLak Short Story Starting date: 17 June, 2020 Finished dare: 03 March, 2021
61K 4.9K 23
A fun filled love story of raglak... U want to know? Just get in...