~24~

His POV

It’s been three days since the day of my encounter and deal with Shivam. And also three days since my freedom. I started enjoying it a lot. Shivam has not even visited Ragini atleast. I was keeping an eye on him through some secret agent. Yes I know he will not do anything but still I can’t risk. He was just concentrating on some contract. I just hope my plan works.

Let’s come to today's topic. The most important one that is the first ever ritual of our marriage. “Pasupu Kottadam/Danchadam” means grinding of Turmeric. The opening of our marriage rituals start with grinding of Turmeric fingers as it is treated as very auspicious thing. The Turmeric fingers will be grinded in the mortar. Only after this ceremony all the marriage works will start.

In this ceremony married woman in family and married women in friends will be invited and they grind it in mortar. This turmeric will be used in further marriage rituals. Ma has invited all our relatives and her friends. She is very excited. My stupid and Idiot but amazing friends are also here. The Pandit has kept the muhurat from 10 to 11 in the morning. So ma has advised that this will happen at my house at 10.15 while at Ragini’s house at 10.30. It is the tradition that the ritual has to be done first at the groom’s place and later at Bride's place.

(Turmeric Fingers ☝️)

(Mortar and Pestle used for grinding the turmeric fingers ☝️)

I am standing a bit far from everybody smiling at every guest while they praise me saying that 'the glow of marriage' is playing on my face. My friends are standing beside me giggling for every comment from the guest. It is 10.15 and ma has called all the relatives to come first. They all stood around the mortar holding pestle. They started grinding the turmeric fingers by hitting them with long and big pestle. Ma is smiling happily. Papa is also smiling standing on the other side along with dadu, chachu and bhai.

“Why are you standing here Mr. Groom? Aren’t you needed anywhere?” Radhu asked me.

“No I am not needed anywhere. But ma wants me to stay so I stayed back.” I said to her clearing her doubt.