~32~

His POV

I moved to ma papa’s room to see both of them watching something on TV. I went and laid on the bed putting my head on ma's lap. She smiled and caressed my head. I pulled the remote and switched off the TV.

“Oye why did you switch it off?” Papa asked trying to pull the remote from me.

“Maa… see na!” I whined complaining to ma about papa.

“Durga don’t irritate my son!” ma said making her eyes big and showing her finger to him.

“I am irritating him. He is irritating me. He switched off my favourite program.” Papa argued.

I showed my tongue to him making ma laugh. Papa held my ear and twisted it lightly.

“Ahhh! Ma save me from your bald husband. Maa!” I screamed dramatically and this made papa to twist my ear hard.

“Papa please leave. Sorry na please leave!” I said painfully.

He left and I pouted. He slapped my cheek playfully and shook his head in disbelief. I grinned and hugged papa. Papa caressed my hair and smiled. I broke the hug and looked at papa.

“Papa I want something.” I said thinking something mischievous in my mind.

“What beta?” He asked.

“This one!” I said taking the pen from my pocket and smiling mischievously.

Maa started laughing while Papa immediately covered his head with ma's pallu.

“Seriously? Are you mad or what Laksh? Shu shuu go away go away.” Papa said with a scared face.

I am just looking at him as a hungry lion waiting for its prey. Papa was about to go but I held him and blocked him. Ma and me are laughing looking at Papa's face.

“Papa you don’t love me anymore. You aren’t letting me play.” I said faking my sadness.

“You aren’t a kid anymore. Leave me idiot.” Papa shouted trying to free himself from me.

“You don’t love me!” I said again.

Ma giggled. Papa sighed and nodded. Awww… My best papa. I hugged him immediately tight. He hugged me back with smile.

“You really thought I will draw?” I asked breaking the hug.

“If you draw also I don’t mind. Because how much you might have grown you are my that small little cute Lucky who always loves to make his father’s head a slate.” Papa said smiling with tears remembering our childhood.

My eyes turned teary too remembering those sweet moments of us. I held his hand.

“Papa I am scared!” I said suddenly.

“What happened beta?” Ma asked concerned.

I looked at her and then at papa. He held my hands in his hands and nodded his head.

“Will I keep her happy? Will I be able to be a good husband?” I kept my worries in front of them.

They both looked at each other and then me.

“I won’t say you will. You may do many mistakes that may hurt her. Not just you it might be from her side too and that may hurt you too. But always remember one thing try to sort out everything by talking to each other. Never come to a conclusion without knowing the whole matter. Listen to her, tell your pov, discuss with her, sort out everything. There might be arguments but by the end of the day sort them out. I am sure my son will prove himself as a good husband. I am sure he will never disappoint himself nor he will disappoint us nor he will disappoint our daughter. Just be yourself. Life is full of lessons and tests. Learn from the lessons and failures of the tests. I am sure you will do it.” Papa consoled me and patted my cheek at the end.