~42~

Author’s POV

He looked at his father, who shook his head as no with disappointment.

“He is not even ready to talk to me!” Shekhar says.

Prit looks down sighing.

“What do we do now papa?” He asked lifting his head to look at his father after few moments.

“Only way I think is let’s go there and talk to him.” His father says.

“But… I have exams in five days.” He says.

“We should wait!” His father says.

“She has exams too!” He whispers sighing.

“So we need to wait for sure!” His father says.

He nods.

She stood in the entrance of her room listening to her father screaming at her mother. She closed her eyes tight while tears flew from her eyes.

“I am sorry ma! I am sorry!” She whispers to herself not able to bear the fights between her parents because of her.

She knows she did no mistake. But according to her father she did a mistake. She has to make things normal but she also can’t go against her father. She can’t even give up on her love. She is struck and she had none to guide her. She can’t go to her mother who is actually going through a lot already. She badly wanted her Laksh bhai with her but she knows her Prit also needs him. She felt she is the reason for everyone’s pain. She also knows that Prit must be in unbearable pain. She locks herself in her room once again.

She slides along the door and sits on the floor crying. She cries remembering her moments and conversations with Prit.

“Once both of us get settled we will get married!” she remembers his words.

She immediately composes herself. She wipes off her tears and moves towards her study table. She sits on the chair and tries her best to concentrate on her studies.

“I will take leave from today only Papa!” says Prit to his father who asked him to get ready for office.

His father nodded understanding his son’s condition.

Author’s POV ends.

His POV

I cupped her face as she stood in front of me but thinking something deep. I know what she is thinking. She was like this since she spoke to Prit last night. She looked at me as I cupped her face.

“Everything will be fine soon.” I assured her.

She just nodded.

“I will looking into the matter which is bothering him. I promise.” I assured her again.

She once again just nodded.

“I will try to solve things soon.” I again repeated a sentence which would mean same like the before two sentences.

She again nodded. I left her and moved back. She didn’t even realised that I moved away. I sighed and moved close again and took her into my embrace. She hugged me putting her head on my chest. I caressed her hair.

“I am sorry!” I whispered.

She looked at me.

“I shouldn’t have told you about him. I should have first tried to solve it. Atleast I would have seen your smile. It’s more than 15 hours I had seen your smile.” I whispered joining my forehead with hers.