~53~

Namaskaram 🙏

Date of Update: 08

Date of Update: 08.01.2022

*****

Author’s POV

He is sitting at one of the corner tables of the restaurant and just staring into his phone, which had her photograph displaying, longingly. His eyes are moist.

“Ten days! It’s been ten days since you smiled wifey! It’s been ten days since you spoke more than two words at a time to me. It’s been ten days since you whined that ma is not allowing you to enter the kitchen. It’s been ten days since you looked at me properly. It’s been ten days since you hugged me. It’s been ten days since you have atleast asked me ‘how was my day?’. It’s been ten days we lost our baby! It’s been ten days I lost you. You are with me yet not with me.” He whispered looking at her photograph in his phone and a tear escaped from his left eye which he immediately wiped off.

“Laksh!” he heard the voice of a girl and looked above.

He saw a girl standing along with Ronak. He could identify who the girl is.

“Nitya!” he called surprised.

She smiled and sat on the chair in front of him while Ronak took the other chair.

“I never wanted to meet you like this but we had to meet this way!” Nitya spoke.

He looked down controlling his tears.

“Ronak told me what is happening in your life.” She continued.

He looked at her and nodded.

“I can help you.” She said.

He looked at her gratefully.

“Well… can I meet your wife?” She asked.

“I don’t think she would co-operate.” He said sighing.

“Let’s do one thing! You just make a video call to me when you are with her. I will just observe her. She doesn’t need to speak to me for now.” Nitya spoke.

Laksh sighs and nods.

“Would she ever become my old bubbly wifey?” he asked with teary eyes.

Ronak held his hand supporting him.

“She will!” Nitya says smiling and assuring him.

He nodded emotionlessly.

“And I would suggest you also to be part of this whole process. You don’t look good too.” Nitya said.

“I am fine!” he says denying her.

“You are not. You need it as much as your wife needs it.” She says strictly.

He nods.

“I also want to appreciate you to take the step soon instead of delaying.” She says.