~28~

Author's POV

It's Upanayanam (The Sacred Thread Ceremony) for Laksh. It's 4.00 in the morning and Mr. Laksh Maheshwari walked out of his room still in his night wear. He is moving towards the hall where he needs to be present now when he heard some one calling him.

"Chachu!" He heard his nephew who is going to be his Co-Groom for both Upanayanam and also Wedding.

He is Nupur's cousin's son. He smiles and takes the six years old kid into his arms.

"Why did they wake us so early?" Aksh the cute little boy asks rubbing his eyes.

"Awww... sorry my cutie pie. Just an hour your work for today will be done. Then you can sleep." Laksh said pulling his cheeks.

He pouts and nods. Laksh smiles and moves towards the hall where everybody are waiting for him.

"Oh So you are here Mr. Aksh!" his mother Diya asks him taking him from Laksh's hand.

"Ma come on complete everything fast. My Aksh is very sleepy!" Laksh said looking at Ap while all laugh seeing Aksh's pout.

They made both Laksh and Aksh sit beside each other. They applied turmeric for both of their legs. They then made the traditional 'Parani' design with lime. Then they applied Thilak on both their foreheads with sindhoor. Once done with it they applied some oil on their head. Then they did aarthi to both of them.

(This is the design they apply to their legs)

"Laksh now go and take bath. Don't use shampoo. Only soap nuts!" Ap warned him.

He nods and goes to his room.

"Diya beta make Aksh also ready. And yes only soap nuts" Ap says strictly.

Diya nods and takes Aksh also with him. Soon both of them return with new clothes.

Again they put 'parani' for both of them. Then they put 'kalyana thilakam' for both of them. Again they do aarthi of both of them. Dadi dadu present both of them clothes. Chachu, chachi, Mausi and MaYur also present clothes. Presenting clothes is a sign of blessings. Every elder put Akshanthalu on their head giving them blessings.