~47~

His POV

I am sitting a bit away from the couch in the hall on a bean bag working on my laptop. It’s Saturday morning and I have just some half an hour work which I thought to get it completed so that I can relax.

“How can you be so careless Ragini?” I heard ma’s angry loud voice from near the couch.

I kept the laptop away and moved towards the couch.

“But…” Ragini was about to speak when ma interrupted her.

“What but Ragini? You know you shouldn’t do that. But still you did it.” Ma said angrily.

“Anu…” papa also got interrupted by ma.

“You don’t speak anything.” Ma said angrily.

But what’s happening? Is the question. What did Ragini do that ma got angry? I am looking confused of what’s happening while Ragini is looking down and Ma is looking at her angrily.

“Ma!” I called her and moved towards her.

She looked at me. I kept my hand around her shoulder.

“What happened ma?” I asked calmly.

“Why don’t you ask her?” she asked me angrily.

“Okay! Let me ask her then. Ragini what happened?” I asked calmly turning towards her. 

She looked at me raising her head. She looked sad.

“Act… Actually….” She stammered.

I got confused. Ma is glaring her. Suddenly they both broke into laughter and gave hi-fi to each other. Guess what? I am not at all surprised. Don’t ask me the reason. I was feeling fishy from the time ma started speaking loud. I just looked at them folding my hands to my chest. Papa is looking still confused.

“Papa it’s a prank!” I stated.

He widened his eyes understanding their prank.

“You… you guys pranked us?” papa huffed.

They both giggled hugging each other.

“And we are successful!” both of them said in union.

“No you aren’t!” I said.

“Oh Please Mr. Laksh! Do not lie!” Ragini said showing her thumbs down.

“I AM NOT LIEING!” I said and went to my laptop shaking my head.

“DO NOT LIE!” She shouted from back.

I ignored her and went to our room to complete the ten minutes work I have.

His POV ends

Her POV

“Huh! Liar!” I said as he went away ignoring us.

Ma papa chuckled and ma pulled my cheeks. I pouted.

“We got succeeded bacha. Don’t listen to him.” Ma said making me grin.

They both chuckled.

“Now go do what I asked you to!” ma said making a strict face and strict voice.

I pouted and left to my room. I entered the room and started walking straight towards my violin by ignoring him or say looking at him through corner of my eyes. He shook his head in disbelief and came towards me when I was about to take my violin out of its box. He back hugged me putting his chin on my right shoulder while I looked away.