~20~

His POV

The nightmare last night has shattered me. I couldn't sleep whole night though I spoke to her to calm myself. The accident has effected me alot. I got ready to meet commissioner uncle. They had been trying to figure out the person who had failed the breaks. Uncle called in the morning and asked me to meet him. I didn't even have my breakfast and just started to uncle's office. Ma was asking me to have breakfast but I denied saying I have really urgent work. Papa also wanted to come but I assured him that I will look after it. I wanted to call Ragini but I texted her as she must be tired and I don't want to disturb her if she is sleeping. She must also be feeling so much pain in the hand.

I reached Commissioner's office and I went inside. Uncle showed me the CCTV footage and asked me about a man. I never saw him. Then uncle informed me that he is the one who cut the breaks. They were trying to trace him and will do it in less than twenty four hours. I just nodded and went back home. I am really tired that I can't go to office. I sat in my room when ma entered with a plate of food.

"I know you are tensed but starving is not the solution beta!" Ma said forwarding a morsel.

I just opened my mouth letting her feed me. She fed me completely and also made me drink water. I hugged her tight with teary eyes.

"Ma I am scared!" I said chocking.

"Shhh... You are my strong boy! You will sort out everything very soon. I know my son. Don't worry!" She said rubbing my back consoling me.

I just hugged her tight taking deep breathes while ma kept caressing my hair whispering 'everything will be fine'. I broke the hug and kissed back of ma's palm.

"Shall we go meet her?" She asked cupping my face.

"Can we?" I asked.

"Your papa wants to anyway. Let's go and meet her. You will be relaxed seeing her. You both can spend sometime too." Ma said caressing my hair.

I nodded.

"Papa...did he take his medicines? And how is he? Did he sleep well last night?" I asked as I was worried for him.

"Calm down beta. He is fine. He took his medicines and also slept well last night." Ma said.

"I just want this to end as soon as possible." I said hoping for the best.

"It will. I am sure it is going to end soon. I feel it." Ma said smiling warmly at me.

I kissed back of her palm again giving her my smile.

"Chalo get ready to meet your wifey!" She said patting my cheek and kissing my forehead.

I nodded with smile. Soon we all got settled in car. Lakshman is driving the car. Ram was left at home as Dadu, dadi, chachu, chachi, bhai and bhabhi are at home. I don't want to take any risk with any of my family members. We were about to reach her house when I got her message.

"Good afternoon Hubby! Sorry I was sleeping!" She replied my good morning message which I texted her in the morning before leaving to commissioner uncle's office.

I looked up in my phone to see the time. It's twelve already.

"Wifey! Where are you exactly in the house?" I texted her.

"Hein? why?" She immediately texted me asking me.

"First I asked na so you have to answer me first." I texted her back getting down the car.

"I am in the hall. Just had brunch!" She texted me back.

"Now go open the main door of your house!" I texted her standing infront of the door and asked ma papa to be silent.