~22~

His POV

I am waiting in the hospital where Commissioner uncle has asked me to come. Mayank bhai is with me.

"You think we will get a clue bhai?" I asked being tensed.

"Lucky calm down. We will definitely get one!" He tried to calm me.

I sighed heavily trying to calm myself but nothing worked. I saw commissioner uncle and immediately stood.

"Come with me Laksh! He is conscious now." Uncle said.

We went following him. There I saw his family too sitting. His wife with teary eyes along with his son. I felt sad seeing them. I moved towards them.

"I am so sorry for what happened to your husband! But I just need your help. I am sorry that I am being selfish and asking for help in this condition but I am helpless too." I said directly to his wife.

She just nodded to me with teary eyes.

"Please ask him to say the name of the person who gave him contract to do so. Please I beg you!" I asked joining my hands infront of her.

I can't take it anymore not after what happened to my Ragini and Prit.

"Sir, please don't join your hands like this. I will definitely help you as much as I can. I just need a promise. Please try to get his punishment reduced. He did everything to get us some food. Otherwise he is very good. He is the only person who earns for us. Please just help me in this." She pleaded me.

"I promise and I also promise to get him a good job. I just want him to say who it is!" I immediately said without thinking a second.

She nodded. He got conscious but doctor said he would check him and then tell us whether we can go inside or not. When doctor said we can go we went inside to see him with lots of bandages all over his body. His head is also bandaged. His wife immediately rushed to him and cried holding his hand. He consoled her.

"Who did this to you?" Commissioner uncle asked.

He kept silent.

"We got the proofs for your crime. You answer or not you will be punished. But the kind of punishment depends on your answer." Commissioner uncle calmly threatened him.

I am just standing there impatiently. I looked at his wife and pleaded her to ask him to say. She is making him understand when suddenly he started feeling difficulty in breathing. Doctor tried to treat him but nothing helped and he died. I failed. I just moved out and sat on the chair there defeated. The biggest clue has gone. I failed. I am a failure.

"Lucky!" Bhai sat beside me and kept his hand on my shoulder.

"I failed bhai!" I whispered hiding my face in my palms and letting my tears.

"No Lucky! Don't say that!" Bhai rubbed my back consoling me.

Commissioner uncle came out after speaking to doctor.

"Laksh! Come with me." Uncle said.

I wiped my tears and moved with him along with bhai. We went to the CCTV area of the hospital.

"Doctor is so confident that he was stable and completely out of danger. He said he will find what happened by postmortem. It would be good if we check the CCTV." Commissioner uncle said.

I nodded. We started seeing the footage. At one place uncle asked to rewind and he pointed someone. He is dressed in a male nurse dress. Uncle asked to check where did he go. The person showing us footage checked and we got a man still unconscious in a deserted area of the hospital.