~29~

Author’s POV

She got down the car in front of Shivam’s house. She frowned finding his car also there. She moved towards the main door with frown and confusion. She pressed the bell and waited for Shivam to open. But instead of Shivam Aadhya opens the door making her frown grow.

“Shivam she is here!” Aadhya says loudly in such a way that Shivam who is in his room could hear her. 

Aadhya moves aside giving way to Ragini. Ragini goes inside to look Laksh sitting on the couch in the hall. Laksh’s face turned tensed seeing her.

“Ra… Ragini!” he says looking at her.

She just frowns and sits beside him. He was about to speak but she glares him. He shuts his mouth without talking but is very much worried.

Ragini is every now and then looking at Shivam’s room and Aadhya who is giving a smile to Ragini whenever Ragini looks at her.

“Aadhya uncle is calling you but your phone doesn’t have signals it seems. Here talk to him.” Shivam says giving his phone to Aadhya coming out of his room.

Aadhya nods and moves a side. Shivam looks at RagLak and smiles.

“Hey Ginu! Coffee?” he asks looking at her with smile.

She shakes her head as no.

“What’s the matter Shivam? You called me? And also Laksh what is he doing here? That girl?” she asks all her doubts at a time.

“Ginu relax! You are more anxious than me. You will know everything. Just two minutes.” Shivam says.

Ragini looks at Laksh who just fake smiles at her. He is worried whether it is what he is thinking. If it is what he is thinking then he is scared for Ragini. Aadhya came back and stood beside Shivam. Shivam’s face turned tensed. She holds his hand and assures him through eyes. Ragini is looking at everything confused.

“Ginu first meet her. My friend Aadhya Mehra. Aadhya she is Ragini, my best friend and he is Laksh her to be husband!” Shivam introduces them to each other.

Ragini smiles and says hi to Aadhya and same goes to Laksh. Shivam suddenly sits on his knees in front of Ragini. He holds her hands in his.

“Ginu listen to me carefully. After listening to me you will need Laksh. That’s why he is here. I don’t want to take any risks regarding you that’s why I have asked him to come here. He doesn’t know about this earlier.” Shivam says and looks at Laksh.

Laksh shakes his head as no understanding what is coming next. Shivam gives him a small smile. He then looks at Ragini again. He takes deep breathe.

“It was me who tried to kill Laksh all this while!” he says in one go.

Ragini gasps and takes her hands away from him. He smiles painfully looking at her. Ragini’s eyes flew with tears.

“On the day of your engagement it was a trap for him but you were in the car and you got hurt.” He says looking at her with teary eyes.

A sob escapes Ragini’s mouth. Laksh kept his hand on her shoulder which she jerks. Laksh looks at her painfully. Shivam continues telling her everything including what Laksh has asked him and the way he gave time for him to try to make Ragini understand his love. Ragini’s eyes kept flowing continuously all the while she heard the truth.

“I know a sorry will not make things proper. But still I am very sorry for what all I did to you and Laksh. I have decided to surrender myself to police once you both get married. I really don’t want to miss your wedding. I promise there will be no problem from my side from now. I will not even show you my face after your marriage.” He says with tears flowing from his eyes.