~27~

His POV

I am here standing in the railway station waiting for my Mausi and her family. She is Ma's younger sister. They couldn’t attend my engagement because of mausi’s father-in-law’s ill health. Thank God he is fine now. And mausi is coming finally. Along with her my cousin, my Chotu, My Dwiti is also coming. I missed her so much. We both are partners in crime and used to trouble Mayank bhai a lot in childhood. As the time passed we became busy in our lives that we only get sometime to speak in the phone. But we always made sure we keep connected. That girl is all mischievous.

“Bhaiiii!” I heard the screech and looked in that direction to see my Dwiti running towards me pulling the trolley suitcase.

Aww… I hugged her tight as soon as she pounded on me.

“I micched you!” she spoke cutely pouting like a child.

I chuckled pulling her cheek. Mausi hit her head from back.

“Idiot behave! You are no more a child. You are twenty for god sake!” mausi started her lecture.

She pouted. I showed my tongue saying not to bother about mausi’s words. She giggled and hugged me again. She is the youngest and the only female cousin we all have. So we pamper her the most.

“Mausi you can lecture her later but let’s go home!” I said stopping mausi who was about to start again.

Dwiti giggled seeing mausi and we moved outside the station. We soon reached home. As soon as we reached home Dwiti ran inside screeching for Ma. I smiled and helped mausi with the luggage.

As soon as I entered I saw her sitting with papa and playing with his head giggling. Papa is whining. All are laughing at them.

“Dwiti! Behave!” mausi again warned her.

She pouted and took the hand away from papa's head.

“Oho Sailaja she is a kid. Let her be the way!” Papa said putting her hand on his head.

She smiled and hugged him tight. Papa smiled caressing her head. Mausi smiled.

“Hey angel! Go see your bhai's engagement video.” Papa said.

“No not video but first should meet bhabhi. Bhai chalo na. Let’s go to her house!” she said looking at me.

I am always ready to meet her but dadi and nani will definitely kill me. I looked at dadi. She glared me.

“Dadi please!” She asked.

Dadi shook her head as no.

“Please! Please! Please! Pretty please!” she asked making the most cute puppy face which Dadi could not refuse.

She smiled finally and nodded yes. Dwiti jumped immediately.

“Bhai chaloooo!” she shouted holding my hand and pulling my hand.

“Wait!” Dadi stopped.

“Laksh will not come. Mayank will come with you!” Dadi said making my eyes widen.

“Whatttt?” I asked being shocked.

All laughed at me but Dadi glared me. Why meee? I mentally made a cry face and went from there with irritation. Mayank bhai and Nupur bhabhi are also making sounds of teases from my back. I Hate You all!

I went to my room and laid on my bed cursing my fate. I hate these rituals and all now. Arey why can’t it be like find your partner and the next second get married? Happily ever after.